Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cougarw
    replied
    I won’t have any cell service where I’m going, way off the grid. After walking all day I just need to know how to get back to my spike camp.

edit,,, I did find one, will get it in a couple days.
    Last edited by cougarw; 02-25-2019, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    commented on 's reply
    Go with any entry level Garmin handheld in your price range. Familiarize yourself with the instructions and you'll be fine.

I'd take waypoints every now and then to help navigate back in the dark. A straight line isn't always going to be the best way back.

• Alex T.
    replied
    Not sure what Cougar's needs are but I'm looking for a simple one also. Click the spot I park the truck, wander around all day looking for turkeys, turn it back on to find my truck. Don't really wanna use my phone and depend on it's battery, rather have replaceable batteries for it.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Depends on what you want it to do and price range. Garmin is user friendly but has limited options for output. If your needs are simple your smartphone may suffice. More detail on the purpose would help .

Leave a comment:

• cougarw
    started a topic Gps

Gps

I'm in the market for a good easy to use handheld gps. Dont want to spend a fortune but needs to work. Any suggestions.
Working...
X