Out with the old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out with the old.

So got one of those multi cookers needed counter space, had a toaster oven giving it to my nephew who lost his when his woman left. Got a Helix 5 ice G2/gps selling my fl-18. Recipe for one of the functions on this new cooker needs a vacuumed sealed bag. Dig out my vacuum sealer that I have not seen for ten years. No bags. So folks think about what is going to happen when you get a new toy!
    Keep it safe! JDL

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
    So got one of those multi cookers needed counter space, had a toaster oven giving it to my nephew who lost his when his woman left. Got a Helix 5 ice G2/gps selling my fl-18. Recipe for one of the functions on this new cooker needs a vacuumed sealed bag. Dig out my vacuum sealer that I have not seen for ten years. No bags. So folks think about what is going to happen when you get a new toy!
    Keep it safe! JDL
    Sounds like a BIG WIN at YOUR house, J!

My multi-cooker has been taking up CUPBOARD SPACE not long after I received it! Toaster oven is still on the counter, with just the two of us it still doesn't get enough use to justify the space taken!

That said, my "personal sized" George Foreman gets used pretty much every day as does my vacuum sealer! And, yes, I DO wash and re-use the bags!!

Hope to use my Helix 5 on the ice more this "season". Hard to put down the Showdown when I "hit and run" while ice fishing...

CONGRATS- appears you have had a most successful Holiday Season... so far!

Harold F.
    Report Fish/Game Violations:
    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Originally posted by Harold View Post

Sounds like a BIG WIN at YOUR house, J!

My multi-cooker has been taking up CUPBOARD SPACE not long after I received it! Toaster oven is still on the counter, with just the two of us it still doesn't get enough use to justify the space taken!

That said, my "personal sized" George Foreman gets used pretty much every day as does my vacuum sealer! And, yes, I DO wash and re-use the bags!!

Hope to use my Helix 5 on the ice more this "season". Hard to put down the Showdown when I "hit and run" while ice fishing...

CONGRATS- appears you have had a most successful Holiday Season... so far!

Harold F.
      How do you wash them? Now if I can only get some safe ice! JDL

Comment

• Harold
        Harold commented
        Editing a comment
        I always "cut" a bit longer than needed, turn the bags inside-out and hand wash with cloth and detergent. Reminder, when storing meats (like chicken) and liquids, always at least lightly FREEZE in a solid container and then put food stuffs into a bag for removal of air and seal!

Safe ice you say? Fill a zip lock bag with fresh water, remove as much air as possible, lay flat in the freezer. When the water is "lightly frozen", remove from the zip and put into a vacuum seal bag and "suck and seal". You now have safe ice for the cooler for drinking when thawed.

OR, you can drill a round hole in it and play "ice fishing" in the middle of the summer. HA HA HA HA (sorry)

May have to do that now don’t look like ice for at least another week!
      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Working...
      X