Bargin Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargin Cave

Anyone else bummed they closed down the Cabela's Bargin Cave? That was all what made Cabela's worth visiting for me.
    IG:thastickybandit

Cabela's is dead to me. After multiple canceled orders, overloading the store with Red Head brand clothing or Sitka, and declining customer service; I cut up my Cabela's card and mailed it to corporate with a nasty letter. I used to visit the store when it was downtown in Sidney and they had the original bargain basement. They used to have the best customer service of anywhere and I'd hate to put a pencil to the amount of money I've spent at Cabela's over the years, but it's all over now. Lot's of options out there with lower prices and excellent customer service.

Comment

Is it dead for local store or all stores?

Comment

The Bargain Cave is still alive and well in the Sidney store. Picked up some floor mats for the pickup and paid $10, originally $99.

They have an additional 10%-20% off everything in the Bargain Cave right now in Sidney. Great prices and great selection at this point. I don't know what the future holds for the Bargain Cave or anything else with the Cabela's brand right now. I do know if a person wants to buy a house in Sidney, it's a buyer's market!
        Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Sidney had 60% off lots of items this weekend, in the bargain cave. That bargain cave is amazing compared to La Vista, well organized and stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
            That bargain cave is amazing compared to La Vista, well organized and stocked.
            I agree with this statement 100%. I would like to say though that the turnover of product in the La Vista Cabela's was far higher than the store in Sidney due to the sheer amount of people going back there.

Comment

IMO, the "Bargain Cave" was mostly items which were damaged in a way, sat around a long time, or were returned items not stocked in the stores. Usually found a bit of this and that, but was kinda like a garage sale in that you might just see junk, but you might find something you actually needed. A long time ago, it was a good concept, but it evolved into something less. Honestly, what did people think would happen to Cabela's when they were bought out? Did you think that they were going to not skip a beat and continue on as it was since they started? Bass Pro was not going to support multiple independent lines of products,why would they? I guess time will tell how this all shapes out as we are only seeing the initial changes.

Comment

LaVista Cabelas no longer has it’s bargain cave, it’s a marine section now. Camo is also all Sitka and other overpriced clothing with a barely mediocre selection. Most of the floor space the comprised camping, cooking and hunting clothes is now basically overpriced casual wear. I will still check there for for certain items but they are pretty much dead to me as well.

Comment

I used to work for Cabelas, and I now shop at Scheels for the excellent customer service.
                  I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

• conibearguy
                    conibearguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Scheel's is a great place a has an amazing selection.

The Bargain Cave is no more in Sidney. It's now a continuation of the hunting/archery section.
                  Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

• Ringneck4214
                    Ringneck4214 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hopefully they will find more room for camo/hunting clothing. I was in the Sidney store in mid Sept. NO upland hunting clothing on display anywhere in the store. Then I looked for camo gloves. I found 2 pair on display. The 'hole' %&$# store...only 2 pair of camo gloves on the sales floor and both of them were high priced Sitka gloves. Cabela's used to be a good store. I worked there for over 8 years way back in the 90's. This past summer while on vacation we stopped at both the Mitchell and Owatonna stores. BIG disappointment at each. Knee high weeds growing around the bronze statues outside. The Owatonna store had many large areas on the floor, both the main floor and upstairs, that were void of merchandise and display racks. Just some huge open areas. And the Owatonna store had peg after peg that were empty, especially in the fishing dept. We did talk to some good employees in the Mitchell store, while the Owatonna employees ALL turned and walked away from us. What a way to ruin what used to be a thriving business.

The one in LaVista is gone - I got a lot of bargains from that store. I still visit the store though for looking at the wall trophies and other stuff.

Comment

• Chasing_Cats
                    Chasing_Cats commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What is back in the "bargain cave" at the La Vista one now?

• Bktech
                    Bktech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is a Marine section if I remember right.

Is the bargain cave in Kearney still open?

Comment

• conibearguy
                    conibearguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have been going to the Kearney one here and their lately when I travel to St. Paul. I haven't noticed one, but I also not a fan of the Kearney one anyway. No used gun section sucks.

IMHO, the La Vista store will be closed within 1-2 years, especially with the close proximity of a BPS in Councl Bluffs. And I would likely bet that going forward any stores that are close to other Bass Pro Shops will do the same. The only thing that would keep a Cabela's store open, would be if it was far enough away from a Bass Pro Shops store, and then would be completely rebranded as such.

Comment

Originally posted by H. R. Pearson View Post
                    IMHO, the La Vista store will be closed within 1-2 years, especially with the close proximity of a BPS in Councl Bluffs. And I would likely bet that going forward any stores that are close to other Bass Pro Shops will do the same. The only thing that would keep a Cabela's store open, would be if it was far enough away from a Bass Pro Shops store, and then would be completely rebranded as such.
                    I agree with you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                      Is the bargain cave in Kearney still open?
                      Nope. When I asked they said all the stuff that was there is mixed in out in the store now.
                      Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X