Need help from tool collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Need help from tool collectors

I would appreciate some info from anyone that collects old tools. I acquired a couple of new old stock, in box, with instructions, vice grips manufactured in Nebraska (you know, the GOOD ONES). They have never been used, boxes are mint. Based upon their boxes I'm guessing 1950s era. Anyone know of websites or clubs to get info on dates of manufacture and/or value? I can't find any good reference sites, clubs, or persons for info. Everyone wants to take them off my hands for a couple bucks but no one will share information. Based upon the offers and enthusiasm I'm wondering if there is money in old tools and what these could be worth!?!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Depending on the size, it's nothing for used and abused ones go at auction for $35-45. At an auction on Sat. Two commemorative one went for $95 apiece. Post some pics and I'll ask around. I live in DeWitt and know a lot of the old timers that worked at Petersons and might get an idea of year of manufacture.

Comment

I'll get them up tonight, any specific marks you need to see?

Comment

The bottom of the locking handle. It should say "the original", "vise-grip", "made in USA" etc. And the boxes.

Comment

See if this works

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1206959

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1206960

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1206961

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1206962

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1206963

Comment

Two more pics

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1206965

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1206966

Comment

• Torino
              Torino commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect. I'll ask around today.

What you most likely have are from the 60's. They started using the "easy release lever" in '58 and the guy thought they stopped using the patent numbers on the handle around '68-69. In the early to mid '70s they went to a cardboard/plastic packaging. He also thought they should be worth around $100 apiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Torino View Post
              What you most likely have are from the 60's. They started using the "easy release lever" in '58 and the guy thought they stopped using the patent numbers on the handle around '68-69. In the early to mid '70s they went to a cardboard/plastic packaging. He also thought they should be worth around $100 apiece.
              Thank you very much! Guess I'll have to find someone who needs an addition to their collection. I couldn't ever bring myself to use them now.

Comment

Working...
              X