Propane Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed Propane Tanks

so I have three 20# tanks that need to be recertified, Qestion recertify, buy new tanks, go to the exchange route. Don’t want to go the exchange route. Thanks! Keep it safe! JDL

Some place like Ferrellgas should have the authority to certify your tank
    " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Exchange them then continue to fill them the way you have been .

Comment

It cost money to recert a propane tank, so exchange is the only way to go on a 20lb take. Footnote Tractor Supply is the cheapest place to fill a tank.

Comment

Tractor supply was the one who said my tank certification had expired, so yes I know they are the least expensive. The main reason I don’t want to do exchange is it is my understanding that you can’t use an exchange tank to refill ponders. So after looking into the deal the recertification lasts for 5 years the new tanks ar good for I think 7. So I am just going to buy new. Thanks for the replies.
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
            The main reason I don’t want to do exchange is it is my understanding that you can’t use an exchange tank to refill ponders.
            Why wouldn't you be able to refill pounders off an exchange tank?

Comment

Originally posted by michael.magorian View Post

Why wouldn't you be able to refill pounders off an exchange tank?
              In doing research Imread that the exchange tanks, they have some kind of device that won’t allow it.
              JDL

Comment

Thanks, but I don't think that is correct info. I've tried adding a hyperlink to a YouTube video of a guy using an exchange tank, but keep receiving an error message stating I do not have privileges. Not sure what that's about, but here is the URL.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecYAHwjj5qU

Comment

Recertification and TSC refill is probably cheaper than exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Mntn Man View Post
                    Recertification and TSC refill is probably cheaper than exchange.
                    That is what I am thinking, just need to find out what the charge is to recertify. I was just taken by surprise, It has been a couple of years since they expired and I know I have refilled them 3 or 4 times. Oh well.
                    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
                      That is what I am thinking, just need to find out what the charge is to recertify. I was just taken by surprise, It has been a couple of years since they expired and I know I have refilled them 3 or 4 times. Oh well.
                      Keep it safe! JDL

yep that is the way to go $5.00;per tank

Comment

Should be $5.

Comment

Working...
                        X