Cabela's Got to Rant........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela's Got to Rant........

Before we get started I just got to rant a bit about Cabela's. Not trying to be bad........

I was in Cabela's today for the first time a while. I like to cruise the used guns and then the Library then the new guns. The prices on the used stuff is sky high I found a RUGER 10/22 blued with a mannlicher stock no mag and no box. Beautiful little rifle. 549.99. I cannot believe they would ask for that price, I paid 310.00 for mine new at GU four years ago. It just seems that all the gun prices are a bit high. There are no real bargins anymore.

Customer Service.......non-existent. In the clothing there were no employees to be seen. The gun counter had the staff, the floor was empty. one guy in the hunting Dept and no one in the cave. I was so frustrated on the lack of help which I needed was not there.

I walked around for a bit and can see this is not the Cabela's that it was when it opened. I know that the BassPro take over was a hit on the employee's and that is too bad. I know many good folks that worked there and heard the horror stories they told. I understand.

Moving forward Cabela's is not my first choice when considering sporting goods purchase. It's too bad. Retailers complain about consumers buying online, and losing the $$. I like good customer service and will spend when I get some. For now most of my buying will be ONLINE and local small shops.

It is just sad, Good Bye for now Cabbies.....it was fun. Take Care.
    "THE MOST QUOTED USER IN 2014,2015,2016, 2017 and 2018"

Not really a rant here either, just my experience over the past few months. Employee morale is non-exisent at the Sidney store and I can't blame them because of the way they have been treated by Bass Pro. I just sent Cabela's customer service a nasty email about their online bargain cave. They keep posting some good deals but most of the time they are sold out. So every time I click on something it comes up as sold out. I guess maybe that's better than what they were doing when I would find a good deal, I'd order it, and then a few days later they would cancel it with no notification. Sorry Cabela's, always LOVED your customer service but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Too bad, it was a great company.

Comment

This is why I make sure to go to Scheels in Lincoln first. They have actual helpful employees who know about fishing.
      I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Sounds like nothing new in my experience.

Comment

Sure wish we had a Scheels out this direction.

Comment

I pretty much gave up on them about 5 years ago after 2 bad experiences with the gun counter.

Comment

Gave up on them in 2013. The La Vista location. Short of the things that may happen out in Sidney, I have never been happy with the CS.
              Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Their customer service went to $hi+ long before bass pro shops was even mentioned with them. I think their problem is they think because of who they are consumers will do business with them no matter how they are treated. They built a big one just north of Denver and I waited for the hype to die down a bit before I went in there. When I did go in there I had a couple gift cards to burn up. After walking around a bit I decided to get something, don't even remember what it was honestly and there was no inventory on the floor. After finally finding someone I inconvenient him and asked if there was any in the back, he responded with "I don't know". I asked him if he could check, he sighed and than told me I could just order it online and walked off. That was the straw that broke the camels back to speak, I told a manager of my experience on the way out about my interaction and the manager told me "im sure it didn't happen like that". That was the last time I have ever shopped at a cabelas or even gone online. Now if I get a giftcard I usually just sell it on Craigslist for the value of it, I will continue to go to Sportsmans warehouse for all of my needs at a cheaper price than cabelas.

Comment

Working...
                X