Lure craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed Lure craft

Some of my hair jigs that I tied tonight.

They are hand poured jigs from wheel weights power painted and baked in the oven.

I've got alot to learn yet but I'm enjoying it so far, I want to pour a couple different heads and try some better hooks.

I need to build a fluid bed and invest in a Lee melting pot.

I've had alot of help from guys on this site. don't know how many I've bugged with endless pm's but they've all been great help.

Let me know what you guys think good and bad give some pointers and let's see what everybody else is pouring, painting, carving, and or tieing. Post em up. Thank you for looking

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wallydrifter; 05-05-2014, 08:28 PM.

Looks good and it's so fun catchin fish with a lure that you have made!! I tied a fly last year and caught a nice bass with it, it was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your jigs look great. I use less maraboo (sorry for miss spelling) it allows for better action in the water for crappies and gills. Haven't been able to figure out how to paint eyes on mine yet.
      Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Comment

Thank you guys, I don't have any pics but I tied some last night, I shortened up the marabu and actually did use less. It was alittle harder to tie just by making sure the feather covered all the jig. I read where you use the back of the head to the end of the hook as a guide to how long to have your marabou. On the eyes I've read where guys use a broken tooth pick and dab on white paint and use a sharpie for the eyeball. I haven't worried to much about eyes just yet I'm trying to get my paint better, and expirementing with different color scheme's. And well of course tieing. I am wondering about the hard as nails polish I'm using on the thread as far as the smell. Fished the other day had a couple hits but no takers, I switched to a live minnow and caught white bass 🙊🙊🙊🙊 near every cast. Switched back to a chartruse and nothing. Any ways thanks for liking

Comment

Originally posted by wallydrifter View Post
          Thank you guys, I don't have any pics but I tied some last night, I shortened up the marabu and actually did use less. It was alittle harder to tie just by making sure the feather covered all the jig. I read where you use the back of the head to the end of the hook as a guide to how long to have your marabou. On the eyes I've read where guys use a broken tooth pick and dab on white paint and use a sharpie for the eyeball. I haven't worried to much about eyes just yet I'm trying to get my paint better, and expirementing with different color scheme's. And well of course tieing. I am wondering about the hard as nails polish I'm using on the thread as far as the smell. Fished the other day had a couple hits but no takers, I switched to a live minnow and caught white bass **** near every cast. Switched back to a chartruse and nothing. Any ways thanks for liking

hard as nails was a bad idea...

Comment

So what do you guys use to glue the thread? I read somewhere to put a drop off cod oil on the thread also. But can't find it anywhere. Other than a pill form lol

Comment

Working...
            X