Sun Canopy weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Canopy weights

My son plays select baseball and we always bring a sun canopy for some shade during tournaments and double headers. Sometimes we are on asphalt, so the stakes that we usually use to keep the tent from flying around are worthless, we tried tying it to bleachers, but sometimes that's not an option, so I made some weights.

Materials:
    4 empty paint cans (I bought mine at the local True Value)
    Bag of Qwikrete
    4 eight inch bolts, nuts and washers
    4 metal flats with a hole drilled in the middle, about 4" long
    4 pieces of cardboard, long enough to cover the paint can with a hole drilled or cut into it.

Instructions:
    Mix the Qwikrete as directed on the package.
    Fill paint cans with wet cement
    Thread the metal flats on the bolts and sink it into the wet cement, threads up.
    thread the bolt thru the hole in the cardboard and put the washer and nuts on to keep the bolts straight up.

Let the concrete dry for 24 hours and your set.
    Last edited by CornHunka; 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM.

Sandbags work pretty good too. You can fold them around the legs and cinch with a bungee cord.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this idea. We have started bringing rolling coolers and just put one on each corner and tie to the handles. Most of us take a good sized cooler to the tournaments so this has worked for us.

Comment

I use empty 5 gallon buckets and fill with water to hold my tent down. Just dump them out on the grass when done. Works great if you have access to water source.

Comment

good ideas

Comment

Working...
          X