For a plummer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: For a plummer

Every once in a while my toilet "burps". By burps I mean the water in the bowl has a large amount of air come through the pipes and splashes the seat and floor. It usually happens during the day while at work. I thought it had something to do with high winds and the vent tube causing some sort of pressure bubble, but it did it yesterday and the winds were moderate at best. Any ideas and/or remedys to keep this from occuring? Lucky for me it has not happened while in use.
    When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Have you actually seen it burp? We thought something similar was happening to our toilet because water was inexplicably appearing on the seat and the floor. Eventually we found out that the cat was sneaking into the bathroom when no one was around and splashing in the bowl. :zbangingHead:

Glad we never called a plumber.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it!

Comment

No cats and the dog was in the kennel. Water all around the seat and floor.
      When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Oooooh... sounds like you might have a clog somewhere. My boss had that and it was happening at random times too. He paid a lot to get it fixed (including having to dig in his neighbor across the street's driveway and getting that fixed too). Hopefully, it's not that bad for you.

Comment

I do get a reoccuring root ball that has to be removed about every year or so.

Comment

I have that about once a year, it is usually a good sign for me to have our line snaked to get some roots out. If I ignore it, usually about 2 weeks later it will back up and I get water seeping up from the basement drain
            Gotta go to the store and get some bactine. Raccoons make horrible pillows.

Comment

Burp

You might try running a snake down the vent pipe on the roof to see if that is blocked.
              Better aim might help. :D

Comment

DadO suggestion about the vent pipe is a good one. Clogged or restricted vents can lead to "burps", "gurgles", and slow running in drains.

I have heard of birds perching on the edge of the vent pipe to warm up in the winter, being overcome by the fumes, and, if you are really unlucky, falling into the vent.

Comment

Originally posted by dupont View Post
                  DadO suggestion about the vent pipe is a good one. Clogged or restricted vents can lead to "burps", "gurgles", and slow running in drains.

I have heard of birds perching on the edge of the vent pipe to warm up in the winter, being overcome by the fumes, and, if you are really unlucky, falling into the vent.
                  Alex T. has had entire flocks of geese fall from the sky.
                  M_eusa_whistle:
                  �I think every happy memory plucks a hair from your head; if you see an old bald guy, he�s probably had a great life.� �-Red Green

Comment

Now how did I get involved in this?? M_SS_headscratch2: Unless birds are killed by the smell of roses,it ain't my fault.:badgrin:

Alex
                    They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by OldBaldGuy View Post
                      Alex T. has had entire flocks of geese fall from the sky.
                      M_eusa_whistle:
                      :pandl: :lol: Now that's funny right there! :lol: :ayes:
                      "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..."
                      -Sheck Exley

Comment

Vent or roots in drain line.
                        Been there, done that all a number of times.
                        Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Working...
                        X