Sliding Patio Doors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding Patio Doors

We're looking to replace our current french doors with a sliding patio door to our back patio. Any recommendations on Brand/Models to look at or steer away from? My father hates them in their entirely, but he had numerous "bad" door experiences when I lived at home 30 years ago...always fogging/freezing over &/or not sealing.

I'd stay away from Jeld-Wen. Some family put in windows and doors, all Jeld-Wen and have had major issues ever since. They replaced a couple doors with Crestline and have been pleased with the results.
    Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

We have Andersen and haven't had any problems.
      Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

Comment

We went through this a few years ago.... replacing old french doors with a slider. In my case the door faces to the north and catches a hard wind during winter so I wanted a really good one. I looked at Pella, Marvin, and Anderson. I figured Marvin was going to be the most expensive but actually Pella was and by quite a bit. To me the Marvin felt like a better door then the rest... more solid, better locks, and a great track record. It also had the best numbers for air leakage, meaning it kept the most air out or had the lowest leakage. At the time Marvin had two different lines of sliders and I can't remember which one we went with. Three years later I can say this door still works as good as day one. It seals tight, everything still works great, and is a huge improvement over the old french door. Another brand that might be worth checking out is Gerkin. I have heard good things about them

Comment

We drive by the Marvin window plant in Warroad everytime we come back from Canada. Heard good things about the product and the company

Comment

Pella

Comment

Have also heard great things about Marvin. My parents put Marvin windows in their house and they are hands down the best windows I've ever seen. They aren't cheap, but they are pretty high-quality products.
              Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Working...
              X