beer brewing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beer brewing

does anyone on here home brew? I have a small hop yard and would like to get some Nebraska grown hops to other home brewers to get some feedback on the hops

I do some. What varieties do you have on hand? edited: I looked up Saronville. It's not horribly far from here (Fairbury) so I imagine somehow we could get some traded eventually.

Comment

Columbia
      Chinook
      Crystal
      Centennial
      Cluster
      Willamette
      Perle
      Zeus

harvest will start in a week or two, and then probably wrap up 2 weeks after

Comment

Homebrewer here. I'd love some hops if you're still interested in giving them away for feedback. I'd also be interested in some rhizomes come spring. Centennial and Willamette are two of my favorite hops!

Comment

I figured I would check here- does anyone have a grain mill, I am looking to potentially get one and am seeking advice or possibly a used one if someone no longer uses/upgraded theirs.

Comment

The grain mill was a frustrating purchase. It seems expensive for what is!

If you can't find a used one, just bite the bullet and buy one within the budget. Mine is a fixed crush that had very cheap particle board pieces. Replaced all the wood after dropping it a couple times. Now it's got a bigger hopper, and works just fine time after time. You don't need a fancy one. If you are handy, you could get the crusher part and build your own hopper and base, or table to make it more convenient for you on brew day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am debating between a proper roller style or a corona style. Same argument as all the others, one is better but you pay for it. Kirk in Lincoln is great about crushing ahead but I am sporadic with my brewing and it's too far a drive for special trips- it doesn't always work to brew right after my regular trips to Lincoln so it would be nice to be in control of that part.

Comment

Never used anything but my roller mill, that I bought from Kirk, and it works nicely for me. I suppose if you only have $30 or so, grab a corona and give it a shot.

Might try the Lincoln Lagers group on fb and see if anyone has stuff for sale.

Comment

Working...
                X