Camo paint removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Camo paint removal?

Is there any way to remove spray-on camoflage paint from a recurve bow without damaging the original finish underneath? It's been on there ap. 30 years, so I've no recollection what kind of paint I used, other than that it was marketed at the time for that purpose. The bow is an old Bear Kodiak recurve that I want to sell at the garage sale.
    �I think every happy memory plucks a hair from your head; if you see an old bald guy, he�s probably had a great life.� �-Red Green

I read that gun coat will work and also a fine bead or glass blasting will work. or you can wet sand it, but that would take for-ever. 409 will remove some coatings, easy off also, but as far as being safe for your bow? I dont know
    Gotta go to the store and get some bactine. Raccoons make horrible pillows.

Comment

I'd try GooGone or GoofOff(this would be my first pick) on a small area first and see.

Alex
      They have cometh

Comment

OBG, if it has a hole to attach a bow fishing reel, i'll buy it off of you. I couldn't care less what it looks like, i just don't want to use my hunting bow for bowfishing this year.
        "Our boat was cutting through the waves like a herd of fat chics to the county fair funnel cake booth"

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          OBG, if it has a hole to attach a bow fishing reel, i'll buy it off of you. I couldn't care less what it looks like, i just don't want to use my hunting bow for bowfishing this year.
          Yes, it's threaded for a stabilizer. I'd welcome an offer; just send me a PM.
          �I think every happy memory plucks a hair from your head; if you see an old bald guy, he�s probably had a great life.� �-Red Green

Comment

OBG, I have a 22 mag that I camo painted about 25 years ago thinking it would help with predator hunting, and would love to get the old paint off of it now. I'll try the methods that were posted in this string but did you receive any others in PMs or other means that I cannot see here?
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jabNE View Post
              OBG, I have a 22 mag that I camo painted about 25 years ago thinking it would help with predator hunting, and would love to get the old paint off of it now. I'll try the methods that were posted in this string but did you receive any others in PMs or other means that I cannot see here?
              Jim
              Nope, Jim, this was the sum of the collective wisdom. :D

Comment

Working...
              X