Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Val Didrichsons
    replied
    Most of the folks on the other ice fishing forum have gone with the Flame King refill kit. Around $40 at Menards, Lowes, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1lbRefillKitFront.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1228993

Click image for larger version

Name:	1lbRefillKitBack.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1228994

Leave a comment:

• Sinkerguy
    replied
    Originally posted by bluelund View Post
    So, does anyone know a work around for the tanks with the tip-over protection devices inside them?
    Need a tank with a old plumbers soldering furnace valve it's special use grandfathers it and it can be refilled

Leave a comment:

• bluelund
    replied
    So, does anyone know a work around for the tanks with the tip-over protection devices inside them?

Leave a comment:

• bluelund
    commented on 's reply
    Own my own, but 'they' made me trade in my old ones when I went to refill them, so all I have are the ones with the overflow protection.

• Jayomaha
    replied
    Originally posted by bluelund View Post
    I did this for years until the 20lb cylinders started having the valves inside them to stop the liquid from coming out when the bottle is turned over. How do you bypass that 'useful' feature?
    Do you own your tank? Or is it a blue rhino exchange? JDL

Leave a comment:

• bluelund
    replied
    I did this for years until the 20lb cylinders started having the valves inside them to stop the liquid from coming out when the bottle is turned over. How do you bypass that 'useful' feature?

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Tipping the big tank up side down seems like the best way to go. One thing I learned from an hvac guy about putting R134 in my car is to put the can in a bucket of hot tap water. It expands the refrigerant and forces it out of the can.

Leave a comment:

• snowgoose100
    replied
    Freeze the green bottles. The big bottle at room temp or warmer. If they dont fully fill because the temps arent right just toss them back in the freezer over night. They top off even easier(I think the propane makes them colder) when you go to finish filling them.

Leave a comment:

• michael.magorian
    replied
    Originally posted by BButler View Post
    Thanks! I tried where you push/pull the valve and it didn't close correctly after so I scrapped it. I will have to try some of the other ideas.
    If the valve isn't working right, one other thing that will help you get a little more propane in the 1 lb. tank is to put it in a freezer for a while. What air is in the 1 lb. tank will contract allowing more propane to enter. This still will only get you a little over half full, but still cheaper than purchasing 1 lb. tanks all of the time.

Leave a comment:

• BButler
    replied
    Thanks! I tried where you push/pull the valve and it didn't close correctly after so I scrapped it. I will have to try some of the other ideas.

Leave a comment:

• michael.magorian
    replied
    This is probably the best video I've found that explains it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Hooksetter
    replied
    Use ones with the little valve to the side of threaded port. tip 20lb upside down, depress valve while filling to let out gas so liquid can come in. WARNING DO NOT FILL 100% FULL!!!!!! NEED ROOM FOR EXPANSION OR CHANCE OF BURSTING, it will fill rapidly, if too full bleed some off.

Leave a comment:

• bwese
    replied
    I use the one that Cabelas sells. I tip my 20 pound propane tank upside down and leave it overnight and the pound can is full the next morning. If I don't do this then it seems to never fill.

Leave a comment:

• milesej05
    replied
    snowgoose100 Does, IIRC

Leave a comment:

• BButler
    started a topic Refill Propane

Refill Propane

Does anybody have tips on how to refill the one pound propane tanks (small green ones) all the way? I made an adapter to refill them from a normal grill tank but it only fills them half full, turns out a lot cheaper than buying new ones all the time and saves them from the landfill as well.
Working...
X