X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidLawrence
    started a topic Stringing a bow

Stringing a bow

Does anyone have any good materials that show how to do this at home? I bought Obsession fusion 6 bowstrings from 60x and on the package it says to have a professional install them but I would really like to do it myself (hence the post in the DIY category lol). I would really appreciate links to any videos or any reading yall find useful!
    Full set of custom made compound bow string and cables for your Obsession bow. (A normal set of compound bowstrings will be either a bow string and cable for a single cam bow or a bow string and 2 cables for dual or hybrid cam bows.) Features of a 60X Ready to Ship Obsession BCY X …

• michael.magorian
    replied
    I agree with Flash. Yes you could possibly do it with something, but I wouldn't want to try? A bow press is really the safest and surest way to swap strings, but for what it could cost both ways, just let someone else do it. Just my two cents, but if you find a fool proof method without a press, let us know, and heck I might even try it.

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    You could probably use a ratchet strap to bring in the limbs, put each hook in the limbs and start ratcheting. Be freaking careful, I would only bring it in just enough to get the old string off without over doing it. I would also never do that, but I bet it would work if you reeeally want to do it yourself. Probably a few youtube tutorials out there.

I would personally just take your bow and strings to a shop, or Scheels/Cabela's. They will have it done safely in seconds using a press.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X