Carp on the Fly- Accesories Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp on the Fly- Accesories Needed

With the interest that we've seen lately with fly fishing for carp, thought I'd share 1 important tool that is required. If you're going to look the part, and walk the banks stalking carp, you don't want your fly line dragging around behind you and getting tangled up all the time.You need a stripping basket to make the trip enjoyable. I've looked far and wide for a decent basket and there's just not one out there that's worth a @#$@. So my fishing partner and I came up with a cheap idea that works great. Just a cheap dish pan from Walmart for about 3.00, a bungee cord, and some weed eater sting.This device is a life saver for walking the banks, is a must have, and works great.Used some heavy weedeater sting, and heated it with heat gun and stretched it straight. The tied knots in one end, drilled small hole in bottom of pan, pushed through, then used hot glue gun and put a bead around the inside to hold in place. Then just trim it to about 1 1/2 to 2 in long. Need a couple of those to keep the line from tangling up.

Yup, good advise. Several variations of these homemade stripping baskets can be found with a Google search.

Comment

Working...
    X