AR build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR build?

Anyone else putting together an AR build this summer? I'm about to start one. Found some good deals on some decent quality components for a 5.56 build.

Has anyone ever done a 9mm pistol build? How did it turn out?
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

ooh, the last of my parts for my new AR build came today! I'm pretty pumped. It's not going to be anything terribly special, other than it will just be new. I did find some deals online over the last little while on decent quality components. If you sign up for the emails or whatever you can get some killer deals via Flash Sales and blemed stuff (I don't care, I take a rattle can to most of my stuff anyway...) from the various outfits on line. Sometimes what you can pick up for cheap is ridiculous.

I'll post pictures when I can.

Comment

I have used Delta Team Tactical for uppers before, they seem to build good stuff.

Comment

I am trying to resist building a .450 bushmaster having found some cheap uppers. I do want to build another 5.56 too. Parts are cheap but I have taken a vow of celibacy as far as my gun budget is concerned. I did screw together a blow gun that mysteriously arrived today, don't know anything about it if my wife asks.

Comment

• Flash04jv
          Flash04jv commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol

I've been dreaming about a dedicated .22lr for a while now. Need to start collecting parts to make that happen. A 9mm AR would be fun too. That'll probably get added to the list at some point.

Excited to see what you come up with!

Comment

Originally posted by Slimdog View Post
          I've been dreaming about a dedicated .22lr for a while now. Need to start collecting parts to make that happen. A 9mm AR would be fun too. That'll probably get added to the list at some point.

Excited to see what you come up with!
          Flash, you can get a CMMG ..22 LR conversion kit (all you do is swap bolts) with a couple mags for less than $200 and just run your AR in .22 LR that way. I think it's a great way to get a lot of cheap practice in with your AR.

I've had one for about a year and it has run flawlessly.

And then you can just switch bolts back and forth and stay on the same rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishsteve View Post

Flash, you can get a CMMG ..22 LR conversion kit (all you do is swap bolts) with a couple mags for less than $200 and just run your AR in .22 LR that way. I think it's a great way to get a lot of cheap practice in with your AR.

I've had one for about a year and it has run flawlessly.

And then you can just switch bolts back and forth and stay on the same rifle
            Thanks for mistaking me for Flash!! I'm flattered, but I bet he's gonna be POed!!!

Thought about going that route, but I'm not one for switching things back and forth. Would rather have something dedicated...

Comment

• Flash04jv
              Flash04jv commented
              Editing a comment
              I counted to 10, I'm ok now.

• Catfishsteve
              Catfishsteve commented
              Editing a comment
              It's an easy mistake, for me

I have a 9mm pistol build, couple dedicated 22 builds and a couple of SBR builds, all suppressed. If you have questions, just ask. I'm thrifty but not buying bargain basement garbage.

Please no punisher logos and no Chinese optics...unless Holosun or Primary Arms.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyHandsRob View Post
              I have a 9mm pistol build, couple dedicated 22 builds and a couple of SBR builds, all suppressed. If you have questions, just ask. I'm thrifty but not buying bargain basement garbage.

Please no punisher logos and no Chinese optics...unless Holosun or Primary Arms.

For your 9mm build, what mag adapter or lower did you use?

Comment

For my 9mm build, i went with Palmetto State and its really fun to shoot. Its dedicated 9mm, so i cant help with the adapter questions.

Comment

Thanks! I've used Palmetto State for a number of builds. I'll have to check out their dedicated 9mm lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishsteve View Post

For your 9mm build, what mag adapter or lower did you use?
                    I used a New Frontier Armory dedicated lower and a matching LRBHO upper.

I'm actually thinking about selling the upper/lower combo, but haven't decided quite yet. Only selling cuz I have other options and that lower/upper usually just sit in the safe.

Comment

I am... just got a lantac upper/ lower reciever and I'm so excited.

Comment

This is my first build and I'm super excited. The best part is that I get to build it to myself. I'm going to put an 18 in Daniel defense barrel with a 17in handguard and a rise to arm drop in trigger with a nickel boron bolt carrier group. And I can buy it here and their without braking the bank.

Comment

Working...
                        X