Heartland Shooting Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartland Shooting Park

I’m going to head out west to sight in my rifles in the near future. I’ve never been to the Heartland Shooting Park. Other than rifles/ammo and hearing and eye protection, do I need to bring anything else? Do the benches have sandbags? Do I need to bring my own targets? Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

They will provide the targets but you will need to bring your own rests/sand bags.
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Also those empty chamber thingys. Or they will sell them to you for a buck or so.
      Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Call before you head this way. They had a storm roll through last week that did significant damage. I did receive an email that they are back open, but the facilities may be limited.

Comment

Google Heartland Public Shooting Park and get on their website. They have some safety articles for you to read. If you do that first you won't have to do that when you arrive. They did have some damage to their baffles in the storm.

Comment

I went out Saturday morning. I’m envious there isn’t a public range like that closer to Omaha. Portions of the range were roped off because of the storm, but most of it was open. I was sighting in a new rifle and confirming zeros on two others so I only shot at 100 yards but I’ll be back soon enough for the longer ranges as well.

Next time I’m also planning better timing-wise and fishing some of the lakes out there.

Comment

Working...
            X