Pedersoli 50 cal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedersoli 50 cal

Do any of y’all have any knowledge about this brand I have one probably 30 years old never been fired. Worth anything? Just wondering.
    Keep it safe! JDL

In my opinion, Pedersoli's are top of the line and I believe are still in production. If the one you have is truly unfired it is worth a premium price. If you are going to sell it I would look up the price of a new one and start around that amount.

Comment

Thanks not really sure where to look I looked at the Pedersoli website and the rifle I have is not shown. Tried entering any number from the barrel in a search and got nothing. Like I said it is at least 30 years old. Been in my possession the entire time and it definitely has not been fired. Looked on Cabela’s site just looking again not the gun I have.

Comment

If you are up for a road trip...take your rifle to the Upper Missouri Trading Company, http://www.uppermotradingco.com/, in Crofton NE. Doc C will know.
        You would need to call and find out when they are open as the business is now part-time.

Comment

I want to say that is the Plainsman Rifle. I would not fire it. It will drop the value. I remember the Pedersoli's were rather expensive for Sidelock's 30+ years ago......30 years ago it was all sidelocks. 500-700 back then.
          Don't Quote me, but....

Comment

First thanks for the replies. If I was interested in selling got any pointers where I should list it? I have never tried to sell a gun online or any place else for that matter? Don’t have a clue.Not planning on using it anymore. Thanks!
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Since it is a muzzleloader you don't have to run the sale through an FFL, which simplifies things.

If you want national exposure you can use gunbroker.com. It is an auction site so you don't have get the asking price exactly right but you may want to set a realistic minimum price. I have never used it but I a know one guy who has and everything went smoothly. I assume gunbroker gets a piece of the action.

Another national site is armslist.com. I don't think there are any fees for it use. It has filters the allow the buyers to look by state and even city. You might have a chance at a more local sale. It is not an auction site you need a pretty accurate asking price or potential buyers are likely to pass as they will think you are unrealistic. I almost bought a rifle through armslist, but we couldn't come to terms.

Another would huntingnet.com, which forum site with many categories. They have a classified section where you can list things for sale and actually they have real diehard black powder people some of which would probably be interested in a high priced Pedersoli. Not an auction site.

Even this board has a "Marketplace" where you can list items for sale.

Comment

• Jayomaha
                Jayomaha commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep I am aware of the buy sell sub forum. Posted awhile back asking if anyone used traditional black powder rifles and never got any replies. Maybe should have asked if anyone uses side locks. So anyway thank y’all so much for taking the time to reply. Never fired it only thing I have done over the years is oil the wood every six months or so and real light oil on the metal every year.
                Keep it safe! JDL
                Last edited by Jayomaha; 02-19-2019, 01:13 PM. Reason: Miss spelled words.

ARMS LIST. Watch out for scams. Very prevalent there.

Comment

Originally posted by mike fink View Post
                ARMS LIST. Watch out for scams. Very prevalent there.
                Thanks for that. Not really trying to sell just had it out oiling the wood and was curious. Though if any of y’all know someone who might be interested let me know.
                Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Working...
                X