Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading Question

Hello all,
    I've got a question about some reloading I'm about to do. It's a long shot because its an obscure cartridge, but here goes nothing. I've got an 8x68S that i'm trying to build a load using a 200gr Nosler Partition. Only issue is Nosler doesn't have any data for the cartridge past or present. Hogdgon has data from Australia (I believe dated in the 1970's) but none for 200gr bullets. The closest I've found is Hornady 195gr load. I have IMR 4350 powder for the time being. Just looking for a starting point and I wasn't sure if using the data from the 195gr Hornady load would work as a starting point for a 200gr bullet.

You can use the Hornady data but I would reduce the powder 20% and work up from there. As long as you can read what high pressure looks like on your cases.

Comment

First, dump the IMR 4350, I use to use it a lot but it is just too sensitive to changes in temperature. Here is data for a 200gr out of an 8x68S.

https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading...?cartridge=100

Comment

Nice Work, AJ!
        Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

I have a couple pounds of 550 powder if you need it. Located in Grand Island.

Comment