CCW COURSES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: CCW COURSES

Is there a Concealed Carry course on thursday or friday in the Omaha metro area?
    Fishing is a dream so I dream often

88 Tactical has the full day class pretty much every Friday. I have not taken their course. I dont know what they charge.
    NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Omaha Gun Club offers a class 125.00, you get a free month of unlimited range time with the class so if you go enough the class is free.
      "THE MOST QUOTED USER IN 2014,2015,2016, 2017 and 2018"

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody it is much appreciated. I decided to go to 88 tactical for my concealed carry class and my experience there was excellent. I should be getting my permit now within 2 weeks. That being said I recomend 88 tactical for people interested in taking the class.

Comment

So after you take the class you are good for the state? Assume they do a background check to see if you can even own a hand gun? Do you need to have the ownership permit? Or I guess I could just call them.
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

• WyoHunter
            WyoHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            The class is a requirement for the application. The State Patrol does perform a background.

• JKL
            JKL commented
            Editing a comment
            You need to ba able to legally posess a firearm. Part of passing the course is shooting your firearm at a range. The instructor leads the shooting part and tells you exactly what you need to do to pass. You need to be able to hit the targets at varying distances to pass. I believe the furthest qualifying shot is 20 yards but I might be remembering that wrong. Its been awhile.

Ok thanks last I checked into it the SP was the ones who gave the class. Years ago. So do you know if you can start the app process and then take the class?
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

• JKL
            JKL commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont think so. You need to have the paperwork showing you passed the ccw course to apply at the State Patrol. I doubt they would start the process, but actually applying isnt too bad. It only takes 30ish minutes at the SP building if they arent too busy. You can download the application and start filling it out ahead of time.

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/vne...its?template=m

I have seen advertised (I think NRA or at least endorsed) insurance for those who carry. Is that something many of you do? If this comment is too far off the topic I will remove it.

Comment

Jg, I like what your saying so I took a look. Here's the link to NRA CARRY GUARD. https://www.nracarryguard.com/

Comment

I was just curious as someday I am considering getting a permit, don't know the specialized insurance is a smart move or a gimmick. It obviously would alter the cost of getting up and going.

Comment

Originally posted by jg View Post
                I was just curious as someday I am considering getting a permit, don't know the specialized insurance is a smart move or a gimmick. It obviously would alter the cost of getting up and going.
                If you are ever in the position to need to defend your self with a firearm or anything else but in this case let's say a pistol. If you shoot and injure your aggressor or worse, you open your self up to not just a possible criminal problem even if you were in the legal right to use such force but a civil problem as well. Having insurance in the unlikely situation that this could occur would be beneficial to you. Then if you think about some innocent person who could be hit mistakingly or by a stray this would also make you vulnerable to criminal charges and civil suits as well.

By no means am I a lawyer and please excuse me for poor spelling and grammar.

Remember it's better to have it and not need than need it and not have it.

Comment

• JKL
                  JKL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In todays world it doesn't matter what the outcome is...there will likely be a trial, appeals, and civil actions. That can happen even if there is only one shot fired and it hits the intended target AND you are legally justified.

Originally posted by jg View Post
                I have seen advertised (I think NRA or at least endorsed) insurance for those who carry. Is that something many of you do? If this comment is too far off the topic I will remove it.
                IMO its something everyone who carries should do unless you have the financial resources to afford weeks, months, or possibly years of legal and civil battles.

There are 4 major insurance programs including the NRA's. There is also the USCCA, the ACLDN, and the U.S. Law Shield program. A couple of them have tiered options and the other two are a flat rate. Regardless, they all have the same basic concept...to be an advocate for you and provide legal defense in the event you have to pull the trigger in a legitimate self defense situation. They are not all completely the same, but similar. Do your research before buying and always read the fine print!

​​​​​
                NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by JKL View Post

There are 4 major insurance programs
                  Im going to correct myself. Apparently, its becoming a bigger market than when I last looked...thats GOOD!

​​​​https://www.concealedcarry.com/self-...rams-compared/
                  NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                  X