Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont let this happen to you!

Glenwood man dies while hunting

A Glenwood man died when he fell from a tree stand while hunting in western Iowa.

The Fremont County sheriff's office says 45-year-old Michael Crain was deer hunting Thursday southwest of Bartlett near the Missouri River when he fell. Authorities found his body at about 10:30 p.m. beneath a hunting stand in Scott Township.

The incident is under investigation by the Fremont County sheriff's office and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

:cry:

Wow thats sad you guys need to be carefull out there:znono: :zbadday:

Comment

Yep...really a bad deal. A little protection can go a long way in saving a life.

Deas

Comment

I read that in the paper today too. Thats a sad deal.
        Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Everyone needs to be careful out there. I read an article that said one of three hunters will have an accident while hunting out of a tree stand. Most of these occur while getting up an down from the stand. I try to practice what the ice climbers preach, "always have three points of contact at all times". There are a lot of safety devices available, get one your comfortable with and use it.
          I'd rather be fishing for reds......

Comment

there was also another fella who fell 15 feet to the ground and broke his back in two places and was suffering from hypothermia when they found him the next morning. not sure how that one turned out but i think he is paralized because of it. this guy was from iowa also! ....jim:zbowhunti

Comment

Yep it's a shame what happen.Every one should let some one know where you'll be an when you plan to be back,Just in case
              Been there Done that

Comment

Working...
              X