Will IT happen.....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will IT happen.....................

Got this guy going goose hunting with me tomorrow that has never shot a goose before. Will he get his first?? Happens to be one of the guys on here that likes to catch wipers........:q: :q: :q: Any idea who?? :d The FIRST bird his all his,we'll see what happens. Any odds on him missing the first one due to nerves?:shock: :badgrin:

Alex
    They have cometh

Good luck Andrew!! hope you get your first! lol Dont forget to take pictures.
    Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T.
      Any odds on him missing the first one due to nerves?:shock: :badgrin:

Alex

Nerves? What makes you think Andrew is nervous? :zrazzing: :zwhist:
      Cleaning Trash Fish FromThe Pit, One State Record At A Time

Comment

Good luck, guys. Let's see some pictures.

Deas

Comment

I bet Andrew makes good on that first shot. Battling 30" wipers all day for the past 7 months, I think he can handle a goose 20 in front of him.
          "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

let's just say the geese didn't cooperate.........came out 10minutes too late.

Alex
            They have cometh

Comment

Do the odds go up after a trying day? Seen some birds, listening to some calling all builds experience. I sware Canada Geese have become my Alex's wiper..:zgoofey:

Next time hopefully we'll hit the day that all the kids don't go to grandma's to feed the geese..:badgrin: Lots of geese came out as we were picking up dekes. I think I'm going to petition for shooting time to end 20 minutes after sunset..:roll:

Thanks again Alex, Brandon, and Luke always a pleasure.:zthumbup:
              Keeper of the Blue Bucket

Comment

Thought i saw some geese at BO today. Not sure because the wipers were making soooooo much noise thrashing the surface i couldnt hear a thing :badgrin:
                Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

So...did it happen?

Deas

Comment

Sounds like they didn't even get a chance to shoot.
                    "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

Originally posted by DeasNutz
                      So...did it happen?

Deas

What? South catching wipers or my goose?:?

We seen some birds in the morning but for some unknown reason they didn't get off the water they were roosting on. I picture in my mind: 5 Kids, Grandma, Grandpa, a camera, and loaf of Wonder bread...:evil: They did get up in the evening but minutes after shooting time ended. Being a bowhunter I was kind of confused because you could still ID them pretty good.
                      Not being an avid waterfowler hunter I can only speculate that because they were in the feed the night before maybe they were still digesting food?

Comment

Andrew,
                        It's not a digesting thing. It's a simple timing thing. Sometimes that first bird doesn't decide to come out until later and it is then after legal as it was last nite. Those birds were out the evening before with 30+ minutes of shooting time left. Why, ask a goos,cause the weather conditions were pretty much identical.I'm sure you did notice that once that first group got off the water,it was pretty much non-stop until all the birds came off. Also,as far as stopping at sunset, I'm sure you could tell how easily those birds would have been if we could have shot after sunset. They decoyed fairly well even with the trucks and us out there. Some serious damage could be put on waterfowl populations if we were allowed that extra 30 minutes. To sum it up.......I think they just knew there was a blood thristy goose killer in the field and they were plain scared.:d :d Kinda like how the wipers get for me.:shock: :badgrin:

Alex
                        They have cometh

Comment

To sum it up.......I think they just knew there was a blood thristy goose killer in the field and they were plain scared. Kinda like how the wipers get for me.

hmmmm...
                          :zthink:

I don't think the geese would have had much to fear from me.As we were quitting and I was unloading, my gun seemed to be froze up a little. I would have got one shot and probably would have jammed..:zbghead: :zdoh:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T
                            "...I think they just knew there was a blood thristy goose killer in the field and they were plain scared. Kinda like how the wipers get for me."

Most guys with that rich a fantasy life wouldn't waste it on geese and fish.
                            :p
                            �I think every happy memory plucks a hair from your head; if you see an old bald guy, he�s probably had a great life.� �-Red Green

Comment

Working...
                            X