Dog Training Tomorrow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Training Tomorrow!!!

Finally got some time to do some last minute dog training tomorrow. We picked up a few hens from Little Creek Game Bird Farm in Arlington, NE and are going to work the dogs tomorrow. Pretty excited cause the season is around the corner 8) .

The folks out at Little Creek have been great. Have gone way out of there way to help us out. Only about 20 minutes or so from the Northwest side of Omaha/Bennington. There prices...for folks who do like to get out on game farms (I don't)...are VERY reasonable...$70.00/3 rooster or 5 hens. At best you might pay double this at other farms...just I thought I'd let folks know.

Where do you plan on working them at?

Alex
    They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T.

Alex
      A friend of mine owns about 11 acres so we'll be working them on private land. Pretty sure it's against the regs to do that on public and moreover youth season starts tomorrow. Are you taking Brandon out or will you be fowlin', Alex?

Deas

Comment

probably fowlin'. Plus,I gotta work.you might need to save your receipt in case you get stopped and you have those birds.

Alex
        They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by DeasNutz

Alex
          A friend of mine owns about 11 acres so we'll be working them on private land. Pretty sure it's against the regs to do that on public and moreover youth season starts tomorrow. Are you taking Brandon out or will you be fowlin', Alex?

Deas
          I know the answer to that one already, 'll bet.
          "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

probably fowlin'. Plus,I gotta work.you might need to save your receipt in case you get stopped and you have those birds.

Alex
            Yep...we have our Captured Game permits as well as bands on the birds. We should be fine.

Deas

Comment

My dog needs a little practice also. Do they have a place to shoot too or do they only sell them?
              I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I plan on leaving it the same way!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba803
                My dog needs a little practice also. Do they have a place to shoot too or do they only sell them?
                Yes Bubba, they have a place to shoot and it looks very nice. And the best part is that their birds actually get up and fly...the best pen-raised birds I've ever seen. All of our birds, with the exception of one (this one, we think, had a broken wing) took off and flew when the dogs were on top of them. With most pen-raised birds my dog traps them and brings them back to me as alive as they were the day they were born. These were great training birds.

Deas

Comment

so you paid $70 for 3 roosters? :shock: :shock: :shock:

You can go to alot of game farms for a half day shoot for that price.

Otherwise I know some guys that sell them for $10 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist

No...No...No...we paid $12.00/hen and between 3 guys we purchased 6 hens. NGPC doesn't allow the sale of roosters.

And $70.00/ for 3 roosters on a game farm is a steal. Most places I've seen (like Pheasant Bonanza) charge a minimum of $165.00 to 200.00 or more for three roosters.

Comment

ahhh thats right no more roosters. You could buy roosters just a few years back. None more.

Most "real" life game farms arent out of this world like Pheasant Bonanza. I know Mark Christensen isnt really that bad.

Comment

No...No...No...we paid $12.00/hen and between 3 guys we purchased 6 hens. NGPC doesn't allow the sale of roosters (never has/never will).

And $70.00/ for 3 roosters on a game farm is a steal. Most places I've seen (like Pheasant Bonanza) charge a minimum of $165.00 to 200.00 or more for three roosters.

Actually you could purchase roosters up until last year when they changed the law.
                        It's too bad that some people were taking "clients" out "dog training" and basically guiding hunts out of season, not to mention shooting wild birds on these "training" sessions. :evil:
                        Cleaning Trash Fish FromThe Pit, One State Record At A Time

Comment

Originally posted by Wirenut

No...No...No...we paid $12.00/hen and between 3 guys we purchased 6 hens. NGPC doesn't allow the sale of roosters (never has/never will).

Actually you could purchase roosters up until last year when they changed the law.
                          It's too bad that some people were taking "clients" out "dog training" and basically guiding hunts out of season, not to mention shooting wild birds on these "training" sessions. :evil:
                          Yep...gotta love people who ruin it for the rest of us. Why not just take away their captive game licenses. I love that mentality...bureaucracy.

Deas

Comment

Working...
                          X