She asked the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She asked the question...

..."so when ya gonna show me how to shoot?" :lol: Where would you guys recommend I take her to practice shooting with a shotgun for upland game, besides going out and shooting upland game. What range or where would you recommend?

J.T.

BO & Pawnee have shotgun ranges
    When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Branched Oak.
      "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

what a women you got there thank she's a keeper J.T.

Comment

JT,
          I got a blue rock thrower if ya wanna borrow it. No public place around Omaha to go and throw your own clays. the place down at Seymour Smith isn't bad if ya wanna pay.

Alex
          They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by RedefiningFate
            ..."so when ya gonna show me how to shoot?" :lol: Where would you guys recommend I take her to practice shooting with a shotgun for upland game, besides going out and shooting upland game. What range or where would you recommend?

J.T.
            Has she got her hunter safety card?
            :zpolice:
            When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

good question Fish On. Not needed for target shooting but needed for those turkeys.

Alex
              They have cometh

Comment

J.T.
                If you really wanted to get her into upland, you could take her to Little Creek Game Bird Farm up in Arlington, NE...about 20 mins from NW Omaha. Would cost you $70.00/3 pheasants or 5 hens, but you're virtually guaranteed to get your birds. The folks there are really nice and it's a small, family-owned place.

Certainly pricier than shooting some bluerock, but probably guaranteed to get your women hooked.

Deas

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On

J.T.
                  Has she got her hunter safety card?
                  :zpolice:
                  She doesn't quite remember, but her father said he took her to the classes back when she was 12 or 14 or something like that. I will double check.

J.T.

Comment

It's on the NGPC site, easy to look up

Comment

Call the Game/Parks they will have it on file if she did take it. You can get a duplicate card made for a few bucks. just go to a G/P office like down at the Aksarben aquarium or by the zoo.

Alex
                      They have cometh

Comment

Thanks guys. I spose if she hasn't taken it even if she is 21 she has to take it now?

Comment

It's based on what date you're born on, like Budweiser.
                          "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

yes JT. If she's only 21 then she needs it. You have one right?

Alex
                            They have cometh

Comment

I think, too, if you purchase a hunt/fish combo, it doesn't ask for your hunter ID number...I STRONGLY encourage everyone to have the class regardless of age, but it is a loophole someone discovered last year...maybe it's been fixed.

Deas

Comment

Working...
                              X