Here comes the green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the green

While I was only able to get out for a bit this morning I did see some mallards start to trickle in at a nice pace. IF it werent my anniversary I would have stayed in the blind till noon and tried to pull a day of all green. AHHHH I love fall.:d

Definately TY. I have been pounding a few Mallards down here the last few days. They are working the field in my spot gonna try the field spread this weekend.
    Wild Bill and a Weim named Rip

I HAVE'NT BEEN RIGHT IN THE HEAD SINCE THE GREAT MIGRATION

www.shellcreekgamecalls.com

Comment

YEE-HAA!! Bring on the green. My cousin was in Dakota yesterday and reported nice numbers of green up there.:2thumbup:
      Fall Harvest:
      2 Whitetails
      1 Turkey
      1 Elk
      1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

The others are great for now. I am always welcome to receive the green, as they have been few and far between for me the past several years.

BB

Comment

What happened to all of the complaining about LPE opening too early and there never being any ducks around? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Amazing what a little cool weather will do for things.
          I like poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.

Comment

No lie there Josh. VERY SLOW in the basins today. Thousands of ducks last week and easy limits. Not a shot fired this morning and very few ducks seen.

Alex
            They have cometh

Comment

I cant wait for the green to come!!
              Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Yah it sure has been slow heh heh heh:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Commando
                  What happened to all of the complaining about LPE opening too early and there never being any ducks around? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Amazing what a little cool weather will do for things.
                  Did you go out last year's opener, it sucked ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š around there, you had to travel for birds. I think we shot less than 10 birds the first two weeks of the season last year. Then the end of the season after it closed there were birds everywhere. I know I've complain about the seasons dates, some years it works out, some don't, but no matter what the dates are, it's great being out hunting.

A friend of mine has a nephew in Brooking SD and he's been shooting alot of mallards for the last week and a half.

Comment

I wasn't talking about you, Josh. I'm sorry that it came across that way. I distinctly remember a ton of bi%^&ing when there was discussion about the setting of the seasons and it seemed like a lot of the people thought it started way too early and some people seemed to think that they would rather have the season open a little earlier so that we could shoot the birds if they showed up rather than watching them ride on past. Especially when everything is frozen solid for the last month of the season and there haven't been birds around for weeks. My post was just supporting the latter with this early bunch of birds coming through and the great shooting. It would be a shame to let all of these birds sit around a loaf all day.

Keep killin' 'em boys. 'tis the season. :lol:
                    I like poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.

Comment

I dont ever complain but really up here opening day doesnt get me as fired up as the last weekend does when everything is froze up but my busted hole in the ice and those greenheads in my face. Id much rather have another 1-2 weeks on the end. But it really doesnt bother me.

This is the first year I can remember in a LONG time that we have actually shot birds up here opening weekend.

Comment

Here's our 5-man opener...eager dogs flared a couple flocks or we'd have limited.
                        Gavin's Point Guides- Offering guided multispecies fishing on the Missouri River below Gavins Point Dam and Ft Randall Dam. Gamefish, Bowfishing, Paddlefish archery and snagging, and more.

Gavinspointguides.net is a paid NEFGA sponsor

Comment

Lots of Green around this morning

Comment

We shot some Canadas back home near Oakland but I hear of some limits of green around.

Ill be out every dang day this week. YEEE HAW!:zclap:

Comment

Seeing a few more of them now on a private lake down the street from my place. Looks like they're coming.

Deas

Comment

Working...
                              X