Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for BPbowhunter or other near BB.

BP,
    I wanted to ask a few ?'s about the Broken Bow area concerning hunting waterfowl and deer. I have gained access to an area of the middle loup straight north of BB. It has around a mile of river frontage, crop land, pasture etc. The owners have never allowed anyone (in recent years) to hunt the property for either waterfowl or deer (only family memebers for rifle). I have a 19 year old son that bow hunts and there are numerous spots for blinds, we were out there this weekend and the scraping and rubbing has definetly picked up.
    The main ?'s are is the waterfowl hunting on the Middle Loup any good (looks like several nice places for a blind) and what is the main deer population, whitetail or muley's?

Thanks for any insight you can give or for that matter any one else that may have helpful information!

lablvr, there are alot of deer on the middle loup river area, you shouldnt have any trouble seeing any deer. I dont know much about waterfowl, the only place i have waterfowl hunted near broken bow was at milburn diversion dam. There is quite a few ducks there, it is perfect habitat for them north east of teh dam a litte way is where you would be able to hunt there. It is marshy and weedy and the deepest it gets i about 3 foot or so. If you hunt there i would recomend waters to get around it makes it alot easier. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
    Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

the main deer population on the loup is whitetail but if you get more north it gets to be about equal whitetails and mulies. The duck hunting is pretty good on the loup.
      Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

BP,
        Thanks for the information, the spot that I can get on is straight north of BB. There is a campground right on the river and it is just west of that. This campground would be just north of the paved road that runs east and west on the north side of the river. I would take the road that goes past the airport, there is a small burg with only a coule of houses in it right at the corner of where I would turn west.
        We were up there this week end and saw just a ton of scrapes and rubs with some of them being very large.
        I guess the only way to tell is to give it a try.
        Thanks again and if you care to share some more info let me know your contact information and I will give you a call. I hate to pass the around names and places on a public forum if you know what I mean!

Comment

Working...
        X