Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterfowling with DeazNutz (BLING BLING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterfowling with DeazNutz (BLING BLING)

Didnt take much to get Ethan to join us in the blind this morning. He arrived early and helped us lug out the dekes.

Had birds everywhere before shooting time then wasnt but a couple mins and Ethan tagged his first blue wing teal.

Really had the birds coming in nicely. Got into some flocks of gadwall and widgeon as well.

We had a pair of bigger ducks hanging with some teal buzz us and I couldnt hold it in but knew right away "Those are #@$#!%#%^! CANVASBACKS!" The teal came in drawing in the 2 backs and with all us shooting only the 2 canvasbacks fell. Beautiful drake and hen pair. Both are getting mounted by Keith. Not very often do you shoot those. They are very beautiful.

Icing on the cake was about 8:30 we worked in a nice flock of cans. We got 4 to drop right out of it and took all 4 down perfectly. My dog was bringing one in and BLING BLING! We got a band. We were unsure of who really shot it but we all drew straws for it and Keith was the winner.

Thanks for the company Ethan. Wait a good couple weeks and come smack some greenheads with us.

sunrise

Jeff Foiles, errrrr I mean Keith S. with the 2 canvasbacks

Ethan with the prize

BLING BLING

Bailey watching the sky

The crew

we dont shoot bands up here ever like you lincolnites! :lol:

Ethan with the days total

good times

Nice Canvasbacks Ty! When I get a nice drake it is going on my wall as well. Great way to give the blind out fairly! I think that is the only fair way to divide it up when you are uncertain who shoots it.... as in most cases unless only one bird comes in and one guy shoots.

Layne

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist
      good times
      :zyeathat: . Thanks a ton Ty for the invite...now I think I understand how people are so easily addicted to waterfowl. :zsoproud: What a blast. I'd be happy to join you for greenheads anytime :zthumbup: .

I imagine I'll be starting my own collection of dekes in the coming days...my wife is going to love that :shock: :x .

Thank, again, Ty, Kyle, and Kieth for showing a newby how it's done.

Deas :zsleepy:

Comment

:zthumbup:

Nice....8)
        Keeper of the Blue Bucket

Comment

Looks like a great day guys 8)

-Chad

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt! Ethan looked like he was decked out in all the appropriate gear for never waterfowl hunting before
            Please keep the reports and pictures coming. Thanks from all of us in the office. We are better informed and dreaming of hunting because of you...

BB

Comment

Nice job guys. So i take it james wasint with you to shoot any turtles:lol:

Comment

Great hunt fellas.. Cool pics.. :d :d

Comment

Congrats guys. First day of fowlin' and he gets to see Canvasbacks.:zbghead: :zbghead: I haven't seen one in years.

Alex
                  They have cometh

Comment

Man, Oh Man That looked like a great day WOW:zclap:
                    Wild Bill and a Weim named Rip

I HAVE'NT BEEN RIGHT IN THE HEAD SINCE THE GREAT MIGRATION

www.shellcreekgamecalls.com

Comment

Sweet work guys! Way to grind 'em. :badgrin:

There were a ton of birds working that marsh again tonight. Should get bloody again in the morning if your back there. I only shot two because I sailed one and I spent 30 minutes trying to get it rounded up with the dog. Finished with a beautiful drake mallard right at the end of legal.
                      I like poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.

Comment

Nice shoot and i see your taking those photos before you get back to the City now :zthumbup:
                        Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

I got me one of those waterproof Final Approach camera bags. Now I dont feel bad when I take my $500 camera into the field.

Comment

HAHAHAHA Ty. I got my digital inside 2 Ziplocs when we go out. Makes me very nervous just to take it out for some pics while standing in a foot of water. First thing I do is wrap the wrist strap on for extra insurance. Especially since it's my wife's and I just get to "use " it for hunting photos. :roll: :d Great photos Ty.

Alex
                            They have cometh

Comment

Very nice gentleman. Looks like you had a good time.8)

Mike
                              Would God want me in church thinking of my boat, or sitting in my boat thinking of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X