Tournament Hunting...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Hunting...?

Anybody seen any ads for any tournament pheasant hunts scheduled for this year. We hunted a couple of them last January and February, but haven't heard of any more. Just curious. They can be a lot of fun if enough people sign-up. Otherwise, payouts don't or barely match the entry fees.

Deas

I would bet that Pheasant Bonanza should have some more of them. Id like to get in a few more of them as well. Isnt too often where you can shoot a limit of all banded hen pheasants! :badgrin:

I really think they need to change that payout scale. Its really rediculous how much money they take out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist
      I would bet that Pheasant Bonanza should have some more of them. Id like to get in a few more of them as well. Isnt too often where you can shoot a limit of all banded hen pheasants! :badgrin:

I really think they need to change that payout scale. Its really rediculous how much money they take out of it.
      The payout schedule was ridiculous last time. James, Reagan (my dog) and I placed second at the last tournament we hunted up there...I think we took home a total of $12.00...cost us $50.00 a piece just to enter. Those are some pretty expensive pheasants...:shock:

I spoke with Greg at Pheas Bonanza a few weeks ago and he mentioned they'd be doing them again. He made it sound like even this fall yet, but heck season is only a couple weeks away. Looks like I'll get in on them after season ends..

Deas

Comment

If im not mistaken, I believe Greg is no longer with them? Not sure, at least hes not the manager now.

Comment

I seen a few roosters by Bennington on my way to work this evening,it should be a good year all things considered. I hope everyone has a great hunting season and a safe one as well. Remember to take a kid hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist
            If im not mistaken, I believe Greg is no longer with them? Not sure, at least hes not the manager now.
            That's interesting...I didn't see Greg's name on their website...? In any case, I emailed Scott Steede (General Manager) to find out if they'll be doing any more of their tournaments. I'll report back as soon as I know.

Deas

Comment

I also heard Greg was no longer working there, too bad he's a very good trainer. Anyone heard any more?
              I'd rather be fishing for reds......

Comment

Just heard back from Pheasant Bonanza...they've got one tournament scheduled for December 8 & 9...

Deas

Comment

Working...
                X