Opening weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening weekend

Well the waterfowl opener is upon us here. What is everyone's plans?

I got the skinny and where the local gang of geese are feeding. Hopefully on Saturday they decide to feed on some steel to the face. :lol:

Was hoping to get out for the weekend, never been goose hunting, but don't feel like going by myself.

J.T.

Comment

I'm planning on getting out early next week.
      How crazy is opening weekend? Can you pretty much count on all public lands having lots of hunters.

-Chad

Comment

Headed down to the RWB for the weekend. Looking to kill 100+ ducks the first 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
          How crazy is opening weekend? Can you pretty much count on all public lands having lots of hunters.

-Chad
          I dont know about down south but I would bet its nuts.

Up here its I N S A N E!

17 trucks in the parking lot at Wood Duck 2 years ago.

Really I cant stand public lands on opening weekend.

But I believe if you did your homework and got out DARN early in the RWBs you would kill some ducks on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad

-Chad
            Last year we left the hotel room at 11 AT NIGHT. Figured the basin that held a mess of Mallards would be crawling with folks we headed elsewhere. Every other basin we pulled up to had a mess of trucks parked and people sleeping on lawnchairs in the marsh, talked to one guy that setup his spread at sundown the day before. As last resort we went to where the ducks were, NOBODY THERE. :lol:

Other years we hunted a tiny little basin big enough for 1 group of guys, wouldnt know there was even a pothole there if you didnt walk over a hill. We would pull up around 2 in the morn, thats the latest I would get anywhere public...in the RWB anyway.

More water in the basins this year will spread guys out abit.

Comment

Go get 'em! Take lots of good pics!! How about some pics of your decoy spreads this year? Or is that top-secret information?
              Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Im waiting to head down there the 3rd weekend to put the pound on some geese near Lincoln then head out to some basins for some ducks.

If its anything like up here after the first weekend people quit going.

Comment

Basins are sure to be full of people.... If it is anything like early teal season someone is sure to get shot! I try to avoid them on opening day just for that reason. You will definetely have a better chance at seeing and shooting more ducks in the RWB than anywhere else early in the year but our group just decides to hunt private up north. Plus probably land a few bonus pike as well.

Good Luck everyone!

The basins are loaded with birds and water as Josh stated.

Layne

Comment

Good luck everyone this weekend!!
                    Dirk Dangle

Comment

I'm headed up to milburn with a friend going after some ducks. I can't wait!! Hopefully i'll have some pictures to share with you guys. Good luck to everyone.
                      Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

I'm not going out, in fact I'm not even sure if I'll even go out this year, suppose to be a bad year:lol:

Comment

Yea ive decided to take up golf and sewing:woops:

Keith,

Lets get some ducks this weekend. Ill buy the bacon and supply the grill. :d

Comment

Sounds like a plan, let's make Chia buy the beer:2thumbup:

Comment

Good luck everybody. I'm staying out of the marshes over the weekend, I'll let everything settle down a few days and get out during the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X