No announcement yet.

Money Spent on Hunting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think that at age 17 i have spent anywhere near that much, but i can certainly see myself headed that way before too long. Unfortunately hunting is getting very expensive but once you start you can't stop.

Comment

I have also spent my fair share in hunting equipment and it doesnt look like im going to stop spending money on it any time soon either.
      Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

All I know is that by the tiem I added up all that i have spent on hunting in the last 2 years, and divided it by the number of pheasants I have put in my freezer, the cost comes out to the equivalent of about $876.00 for a single chicken...

...I need to get MORE GEAR! :d :p :d

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I'm sure I am getting close to the lifetime figure at age 30. It's just one of those things that I try not to add up. On the other hand, fishing, I am way above that

Comment

Originally posted by JLKESQ
            All I know is that by the tiem I added up all that i have spent on hunting in the last 2 years, and divided it by the number of pheasants I have put in my freezer, the cost comes out to the equivalent of about $876.00 for a single chicken...

...I need to get MORE GEAR! :d :p :d
            James......... you need to quit shooting chickens. :badgrin:

Comment

Ty,

That's about all I can hit!:lol:
              "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I'm not even going to try to figure it up. It'll probably scare the hell out of me. But i do know that I'm way over that figure. I would HATE to be the AVERAGE outdoorsman.

Comment

here's an example of spending money on hunting in regards to Storm's post. When I head to North Dakota with 4 guys for fowlin' for 4 days,I end up spending $114 for my license and Brandon's, about $150 per person in gas, about $50/day in meals, about $45/nite per guy for lodging,and maybe another $20/day for other stuff. So,in my 4 days,I've spent about $700 or so. Now,times that with how many non-residents go to North Dakota each year and you can see the huge impact hunters make on smaller towns in rural U.S.A.

Alex
                  They have cometh

Comment

Not to stir any pot here , however all I ever remembered hearing was agriculture , agriculture , agriculture and YES that's important , however people need a friendly reminder / wake up call in regards to how much Outdoorsmen contribute to the Economy as a whole ...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm
                      Not to stir any pot here , however all I ever remembered hearing was agriculture , agriculture , agriculture and YES that's important , however people need a friendly reminder / wake up call in regards to how much Outdoorsmen contribute to the Economy as a whole ...
                      Agreed.

Deas

Comment

Chicken hind quarters at wal-mart .49 cents a pound. Pheasant hunting with your buddies priceless !!!! Take it from the cheap guy save your money somewhere else. Spend your money on the best outdoor gear you can almost afford!!!!! You will be money ahead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QuackerTracker
                          Chicken hind quarters at wal-mart .49 cents a pound. Pheasant hunting with your buddies priceless !!!! Take it from the cheap guy save your money somewhere else. Spend your money on the best outdoor gear you can almost afford!!!!! You will be money ahead!!!
                          Quacker,

I couldn't agree with you more - when you consider the cost for what ends up in the freezer it sounds expensive, but making Deas's dog retrieve a bird that Deas didn't shoot? I would have paid a lot more for that! (Hey Ethan, :zrazzing: ) :p

JLK:zcoffee:

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

[quote=JLKESQ]
                            Originally posted by QuackerTracker

I couldn't agree with you more - when you consider the cost for what ends up in the freezer it sounds expensive, but making Deas's dog retrieve a bird that Deas didn't shoot? I would have paid a lot more for that! (Hey Ethan, :zrazzing: ) :p
                            If only you knew what it fell like to shoot a pheasant, let alone shoot one my dog flushed for you...:lol: :zrazzing: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                            X