hunting clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting clothes

just wondering on what you guys do to get your hunting clothes scent free.here are my steps
    1.i was all of my deer hunting clothes in scent laundry detergent.
    2.after wash i spray all of the clothes with scent a way spray throughly and when i say throughly i mean it.
    3.then i put all of it in a air tight tupawear and thats how i do mine.

as far as putting my clothes on while hunting i wait until i get out of the truck put layers on and spray each layer.

heres another question i have got a pair of leather georgia deer hunting puts that i thought i would try out this year instead of the rubber ones i have used in the past which are fairly heavy,but the new boots i cant get the leahter smell out of them. do any of you guys know any secrets are any tips to help me out.

chris

***as far as putting my clothes on while hunting i wait until i get out of the truck ***

:zthink: hmmm....yeah, well, OK. :zcpic: :woops: ANYWAY.... :zwhist:

:zsoproud:

I like to wash my outer clothes in hunting detergent, the scent away stuff. I hang them out in a tree to dry and then spray them on the outside with anti-UV stuff. Then I pack then in a tight plastic box with a few fresh cedar branches all crushed up in a pillow case. I pick the cedar from where I hunt if I can. The deer are going to smell something, I'd rather it be something they are used to.

My underwear/thermals I wash a bunch of times in scent away detergent and rinse a bunch of times. Then I hang it out in a tree and then just seal it up once it's dry. I will put scent-away spray on the outside of my underwear/socks once I have that stuff on. (yeah, I dress at the truck too, sometimes. At least it's dark out, right? :zrazzing: )

I'll even carry spare Shirts, t-shirts and socks with zip bags to seal up the worn ones,to change during the day. Yeah, weird bunch, aren't we? :crazy: Do all this and go out and the first thing we look for in the dark is fresh cow-plop to step in and then we spray some raccoon/fox/deer pee on our hat once we're on the stand.

Psycho, man... :zwhist:

"Honey look!! I shot a deer!!"

"well, woopie-doo sweetie, at least you did one non-deranged, obsessive-disgusting thing this fine December morn'!! Now get in here so I can get this pretty white jacket on you!"
    :2thumbup:
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

put your outer clothes/boots in a trash bag with some cover scent(I use either fox or raccoon urine). Simple and much cheaper than always buying the soaps/sprays. Of course,make sure you take an extra set of shoes and take off your outer clothes BEFORE getting in your truck or going into the local cafe. For some reason,fox/coon urine really smells bad when it gets into an enclosed area and it's warm. :zsick: :zsick: :d

Alex
      They have cometh

Comment

Step One wear base layer untill out into the woods. Then put on outer layers. Spray each layer. Spray all gear, including blind. Pin two fresh earth scent wafers on myself, one on hat, one on coat.
        Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishsteve
          Yeah, weird bunch, aren't we? :crazy: Do all this and go out and the first thing we look for in the dark is fresh cow-plop to step in and then we spray some raccoon/fox/deer pee on our hat once we're on the stand.

Psycho, man... :zwhist:
          Wow...I never realized just how complicated deer hunting could be. I guess that's why I stick to the upland game :lol: . Really interesting, stuff, though.

Deas

Comment

That sure does seem like allot of work, but I imagine its very rewarding when you get you Deer!!

(CatCouple Does take donations of Deer Jerky in any amounts:zgoofey: )
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~
            ~~~HACKED~~~

Comment

I have a 30/06 it compensates for any scent problems i might have. :zcoffee:
              Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

Originally posted by south of 41
                I have a 30/06 it compensates for any scent problems i might have. :zcoffee:
                Good point, south!!
                Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

I must say that I do some minor steps in washing in hunting detergent and thats about it.

I only hunt deer with rifle and muzzleloader anyhow. So really in my opinion, I dont believe that scent free helps that much since I dont let em get that close.

Now my dad smokes a case of cigars, drinks beer, always coughing and talking on his cell phone. Yet somehow shoots 150+ class bucks all the time. I really dont get it.

HA!

Comment

My Grandfather keeps telling me to where a pair of Diesel and oil soaked Key over-alls while cutting Red Cedars in his pasture and I would see all the Bucks I wanted.I Think he just wants me to cut down the trees for him.

Comment

Ty:
                      I bet your dads a good hunter and pays close attention to wind direction. That is the single most important thing with scent control.:zbowhunti ............jim

Comment

Or just one lucky guy:zcoffee:
                        Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

Scent killer laundry detergent
                          Hang on clothes line until I am ready to hunt (usually @ least 3 days prior)
                          Place in scent-proof bag
                          Use plastic to cover pickup seat
                          Wear as little as possible while driving to hunting area, usually just "panties" and jeans.
                          Get out and spray each layer with scent killer.
                          Hike to stand with jeans boots and shirt, get stand hung and cool off then dress completely.
                          Usually use a little spray of coon pee on the boots before I walk in as well.

Oh, and I'll shower at least twice with scent killer soap, dry with a scent free towel and apply scent killer deoderant.

It still doesn't make you scent free, but I see alot more bucks than most!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist
                            Now my dad smokes a case of cigars, drinks beer, always coughing and talking on his cell phone. Yet somehow shoots 150+ class bucks all the time. I really dont get it.HA!
                            :d I love that image... I can picture it perfectly :d

Comment

I dont do near as much scent control as some of you guys! I jsut try to get the wind right as best as i can.
                              Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Working...
                              X