Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbosan
    Masterangler,
    My advice is to go to a good archery pro shop and get there input. Full Draw is good, Scheels always gives good customer service and advice and the last time I was at Bass Pro Shop I was treated like royalty. :zbowhunti.........JIM
    Thanks Jim,

I figured that would probably be the best thing (way to many things to consider).... I'll probably go to Scheels - since Lincoln doesn't have a Bass Pro shop.... they are always very helpful!!

Comment

Master Angler,
      I just started bow hunting too. I agree with Jimbo, go to an archery pro shop and get fitted for a bow. And then shoot different makes and models to see what you are comfortable with. The Pros might try to upsell you but most will not. Have a limit in mind for the amount of money you want to spend because I found out the sky is the limit. I bought my bow on Ebay after I talked to an Archery Pro. But I went back to him for all my accesories and arrows, calls blind etc. and he also set up my used bow. Hope this helps Kevin
      Take a kid fishing , give back what somebody gave to you!

Comment

No problem masterangler thats what the forum is for :zbowhunti

Comment

MasterAngler, I ordered my bow set-up completely over the internet. I was a little skeptical about it but have heard nothing but great things about the place. I did it and couldn't be happier. If your looking for information go the link I have posted and start at the top and just read. It's where I got my bow and right out of the box I robin hooded an arrow. Make sure you go to their "home" page and start reading all the links. I think this will enlighten you. The reason I didn't go to a pro-shop is that there are none out here in the sticks..... Great place,great service and all I had to do was open my case and adjust my sight pins to my desired yardages. Lovin' it!:2thumbup:

Complete Bow Setup to your Door
          Fall Harvest:
          2 Whitetails
          1 Turkey
          1 Elk
          1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

quackwacker,

How do you know what length and such that you need? I too was thinking of ordering but figure I better head south to a pro shop.

Comment

Just go to that link and look for "bow fitting and sizing" link on the top. It will explain everything. This page has more information on it than any other I have ever found.
              Fall Harvest:
              2 Whitetails
              1 Turkey
              1 Elk
              1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

Originally posted by quackwacker
                Just go to that link and look for "bow fitting and sizing" link on the top. It will explain everything. This page has more information on it than any other I have ever found.
                Thanks quacker! That link helps a ton......some great info!

Comment

To measure your draw length, determine the length of your arm-span in inches. Stand with your arms out and palms facing forward. Don't stretch when measuring. Just stand naturally. Have someone else help you, and measure from the tip of one middle finger to the other across your back. Then simply divide that number by 2.5. The quotient is your proper draw length (in inches) for your body size for a Release Shooter. For a Finger Shooter, add 1.5 Inches.
                  I'd rather be fishing for reds......

Comment

i have a ben pearson pitbull set at 70#'s at 29 inches. a dakota black gold skylight sight carbon force arrows and 125 grain montec g-5's

Comment

Working...
                    X