buck rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buck rubs

I just went out this weekend and didn't see any new rubs for this year yet. didn't see any last weekend on a property further south. (i hunted near elgin and exeter the last two weekends) has anyone been seeing rubs ??

nope

Comment

Haven't seen any yet.
      I'd rather be fishing for reds......

Comment

They have started hitting are tree fields around the Omaha area. They are a real nuisance when you are in the business of producing trees to sell to the public.:zbghead:

Mike
        Would God want me in church thinking of my boat, or sitting in my boat thinking of him.

Comment

hmm maybe i am looking in the wrong places right now, still haven't seen any. sorry about the trees reddogs2.

Comment

Its real early yet for them to get real active on rubbing.

Comment

I started seeing rubs about a week ago and while hunting on Sun. they were destroying trees all over the area we were hunting. Saw a total of 6 bucks on Sun. evening but only one stopped to rub a tree and he was a big'un, according to my buddy. The buck never offered a shot so he's still tearing bark off

Comment

Brian, glad to see you on the forum. Hopefully Josh will find his way over here also.
                I'd rather be fishing for reds......

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist
                  Its real early yet for them to get real active on rubbing.
                  Active enough to tear up the trees I inteded to Spade at the end of the week. Deer have the inate ability to rub the best looking Red Maples 2 days before my crews are taking them to a job site.:zbghead: Hopefully, I will be introducing Mr. Rubs A Lot to Mr. 30-06.:d

Mike
                  Would God want me in church thinking of my boat, or sitting in my boat thinking of him.

Comment

He's thinking :zrazzing: and I'm thinking :d

Comment

hey brian and tom, i finally made it over...
                      i was down last weekend with a buddy east of Pawnee City and there were rubs everywhere. The bark was still green and it seemed as if the rubs were only a day old or so.

Comment

I haven't seen any rubs yet.
                        Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Josh, nice to hear from you, I just found this site a couple days ago so I'm a newbie again..

Comment

The only rubs I have seen are the trees they rubbed on to remove the velvet I assume. I normally won't start seeing lots of rubs for another 2 weeks in my area. I have spotted some real dandy deer though. The trail cam got some bucks sparring though. That made for some sweet pics. They must be getting some pre-season practice in before the real fighting starts.:badgrin:
                            Fall Harvest:
                            2 Whitetails
                            1 Turkey
                            1 Elk
                            1 Antelope

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren’t inalienable, they’re just “on loan” from the government"

Comment

This bad boy came in and rubbed a tree just to the right of the cameras view.

Comment

Working...
                              X