Can anyone recomend a good place to take my teenager hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recomend a good place to take my teenager hunting

I am considering a fall hunting trip for 07 has anyone been to a reasonable hunt for deer. 8) Hello from the sunshine state.
    "Unless our belief in God causes us to help our fellow man, our faith stands condemned." --- Billy Graham

Welcome. What's reasonable to you? There are a few guided deer hunting operations in Nebraska but, IMO, all are overpriced for what your'e getting. Lots of public ground in the western half of the state. What type of weapon are you looking to use? Most of the state is overpopulated with deer and if you have the time and don't mind doing some door knocking,you can probably get good private ground after the November rifle season. Most farmers/landowners want deer harvested off their land but few people are willing to put in a day or two of scouting/door knocking to get that private ground access.

Alex
    They have cometh

Comment

I've seen a few guide services but like Alex said for the most part there prices are pretty high. There is plenty of public ground you can hunt too, and im sure there are many willing farmers that would let you hunt deer on there land, all you got to do is ask, just remeber the worst thing they could do is to say no.
      Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

8) Thanks guys, I appreciate your input, I am not familar with the specifics of each season (bow, blackpowder) but my daughter can only gun (243) hunt. I can bowhunt or b.p. hunt. I don't know if I would like to make the trip just to knock doors, maybe knock doors after a 2 0r 3 day paid hunt? :q:
        "Unless our belief in God causes us to help our fellow man, our faith stands condemned." --- Billy Graham

Comment

If your daughter can only rifle hunt then that will really limit you on "non-pressured" public ground and gaining access for our 9 day rifle season. Most guide services here will run $300-500/day and up. IMO,that should include everything except getting here and the license fees but you need to be very specific with what you expect and costs for everything. If you could come in December for our Muzzleloader season and get your daughter to shoot a black powder, you'd have most public areas to yourself and gaining private ground access should be much easier. Whatever you decide,especially picking a guide,PLEASE keep us informed on which service your'e looking into and maybe some of us will be able to give you the good or bad of their service.

Alex
          They have cometh

Comment

Most guide services here will run $300-500/day and up.
            With the over all population , that just seems far and beyond crazy to me but again that's just my opinion and we all know what those are worth ...

I can see that at the most if certain circumstances prevent one from doing the groundwork so to speak but other than that , again I think that's crazy ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey
              8) Thanks guys, I appreciate your input, I am not familar with the specifics of each season (bow, blackpowder) but my daughter can only gun (243) hunt. I can bowhunt or b.p. hunt. I don't know if I would like to make the trip just to knock doors, maybe knock doors after a 2 0r 3 day paid hunt? :q:
              Mikey...here's the General Nebraska Hunting Guide as well as the Hunting Guide for Big Game...it will have some more of the specifics (regulations, hunting areas, etc.) that might be useful to you as you begin to plan a hunting trip in Nebraska. I hope this helps and I hope your hunt goes well.

Deas

Comment

Here's a site with a list of outfitters in Nebraska.

http://www.nebraskahuntingoutfitters.net/index.php

Comment

8) Thanks for the info Guys, see-ya. MIKEY.

Comment

Working...
                  X