Sioux County Lion Kill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sioux County Lion Kill

I am aware that a mountain lion was illegally killed in NW Nebraska recently by an Iowan. The article I read stated she was shot during deer season near Crawford. I would like to know what weapon was used and I am also under the impression that it is illegal to bow hunt with a firearm in possession. Any help here, please. Thanks, Mike

Google is your friend... http://nebraskaradionetwork.com/2014...tern-nebraska/ He shot it with archery equipment from his tree stand.
    I'm the kind of friend who will help you get rid of a body. But if you betray me, just remember...I know how to dispose of a body. Just sayin'.

Comment

Thanks, Barmandr. I guess we will have to wait for the name of the "alleged" perpetrator. Always makes me sad when one gets killed. Lions in Nebraska and I go back about 50 yrs. I can understand when someone wants them far away from children but I haven't felt threatened by them when they have been near. I am much more afraid of being attacked by a coyote while spring turkey hunting.-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike fink View Post
        Thanks, Barmandr. I guess we will have to wait for the name of the "alleged" perpetrator. Always makes me sad when one gets killed. Lions in Nebraska and I go back about 50 yrs. I can understand when someone wants them far away from children but I haven't felt threatened by them when they have been near. I am much more afraid of being attacked by a coyote while spring turkey hunting.-Mike
        50 years? If you go by what the NGPC says, they've only been back in NE since 1991.

Comment

Originally posted by KD View Post
          50 years? If you go by what the NGPC says, they've only been back in NE since 1991.
          Mountain lion facts

Daryl B.
          Daryl Bauer
          Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
          Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
          daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
          http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Originally posted by whitetips View Post
            "Despite annual reports since the 1950s, no confirmed sighting was made in the state until the 1990s. In 1991 a deer was found killed by a mountain lion and shortly after an adult mountain lion was shot by a hunter near Harrison, in Sioux County. "

So, where was I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by KD View Post
              "Despite annual reports since the 1950s, no confirmed sighting was made in the state until the 1990s. In 1991 a deer was found killed by a mountain lion and shortly after an adult mountain lion was shot by a hunter near Harrison, in Sioux County. "

So, where was I wrong?
              You weren't. There have been reports for a long time, but no confirmation until 1991. No one said they were not here before 1991, just that we had no confirmation.

Daryl B.
              Daryl Bauer
              Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
              Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
              daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
              http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Sorry I fudged a bit. It was only 49 yrs since I saw my first and it was also in the Harrison area. It was late in the day and didn't stick around for the "Brownie photo op".-Mike

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                  X