Archery Antelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Antelope

Has anyone heard/seen any antelope reports from western Nebraska by chance? Considering making a trip out west during archery season. Just curious to see what people had for reports?

Where are you headed west? Population is lower than it has been recently but you can still find plenty of pronghorn to chase on the ONG.

Comment

Archery Antelope

I just came from Fort Robinson. I saw very few antelope. We drove down to Alliance, over to Scottsbluff and back up to Harrison. Only saw a half dozen between Harrison and Crawford. I did see 2 nice bucks on the away to the High Plains Homestead though. Unsure if they were on public or private. Only saw them once.
      "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

I appreciate the information, kinda the area I was originally looking at heading to but is still up in the air on the whole idea. As tough as goat hunting is, having goats on the lands is much more of a necessity.

Comment

I know where we go north of scottsbluff has went downhill the last couple years! We see about a 1/4 of the goats we use to!

Comment

I just moved to the Hemingford area and have had a large group feed on my property with a very large buck in the group and been seeing decent number in the area but as I said I'm new in this area and don't know what numbers have been like in the past

Comment

I saw a hunting show a couple days ago. They were in Wyoming. They showed several dead antelope they said was from EHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

Hunted this weekend in Cheery-Brown-Rock County Areas. Numbers are definately lower than in 2011--the high point in numbers in the North Central Sandhills. Last year we found multiple Dead Antelope as well as deer around water thruoghout the Sandhills. Did not find any this year--so far.

Antelope are still out there but I estimate in numbers that are 50% lowewr than before EHD-2012 Drought.

Comment

Anyone having any luck? Got a nice photo yesterday of a good buck a guy had show with his bow. Hope it goes well for you guys.
                  Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
                  Lund 1875 Impact Sport
                  Mercury 150 4-Stroke/9.9 ProKicker
                  Humminbird/Minn Kota Terrova

Comment

Working...
                  X