Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got drawn to!

Comment

I got drawn! Sweet! Need to go scout it out but I have read that you really want to tickproof yourself. Heard Gifford has its own special kind of tick that is tiny and annoying as all get out. If you find one on you, you will find tons more! Hope there are good deer numbers down there. Gonna be hunting from a blind rather than tree stand though. Already have a couple spots to check out after looking at the map!! Pretty excited, never got a deer before and if the first can come at the end of a pointy stick that would be excellent!

Comment

I didn't get drawn this year . Looks like I need to pull out the shotgun for some waterfowl hunting. Gifford is an awesome place, got a little buck down there last year. Rode in is pretty overgrown from what I've heard from a few guys that were scouting yesterday. There are plenty of deer in there. You may want to use a tree stand if you have one. At least all the places I was hunting you needed to be a little higher to get above the weeds. Ticks are bad and that is an understatement down there. Good luck with the mosquitos Don't let that deter you though, I am jealous you guys drew and I didn't. Have a good hunt!

Comment

That sucks you didn't get drawn! Was down today and it is brutal trying to get around down there! Weeds are THICK!!!!!!!!!!! No ticks but the Mosquitos were horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and a friend got drawn. This will be my first year hunting Nebraska. I moved here from Iowa. With 200 people getting drawn are everyones stands usually piled on top of each other?

Comment

Its alright, hopefully my spot will get used by someone who also wants/needs meat in their freezer. I didn't have any problem with being next to anyone but.... Again I scouted and looked around accordingly. I didn't want to be next to anyone "competing" if you will. Its a good time. I am more than willing to help someone drag one out if you need help. Send me a PM and I'll shoot you over my number. I only live about 10 minutes away from gifford maybe less. Good luck guys!
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

My first time deer hunting it this year, did spring turkeys year before the flood. Was there yesterday and it is very think in there. Bugs are bad. Ate at least ten to fifteen mosquitos. Hopefully I found a decent spot. Any extra advice from ya cfgunnell is always appreciated. Looking to have similar success! Good luck to every odyssey else that got drawn as well!

Comment

PM me with questions Tireguy19

Comment

Scouted it today. Everyone is right its very very thick back there. Its hard to walk back in there to scout. Very cool area though. I can see how deer could get old back there with all of the thickets.

Just to get conversation going. Some stands I noticed were only 30-50 yards from the parking areas, mowed down grass, and very well marked areas to their stand. I've always felt it best to get as far away as possible from everyone and where they park on public. Is this the usual at Gifford because of how thick it is?

Comment

Working...
                    X