gifford park drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gifford park drawing

Does anyone know when they draw for the Gifford park hunt? I know you have to be entered by Aug 15 but curious when drawing takes place

I would assume you would know pretty quick since archery opener is the 1st.
    There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

Comment

I have been wanting to apply but dont know how. Anyone have any info about it?

Comment

Does anyone know if you are allowed to access gifford from the river in a boat if you draw a tag?

Comment

Originally posted by OGCollard View Post
          Does anyone know when they draw for the Gifford park hunt? I know you have to be entered by Aug 15 but curious when drawing takes place
          From the big game guide...

A special access pass is required. There are 200 access permits issued by drawing. Contact the Lincoln Game and Parks office at 402-471-0641 or Omaha office at 402-595-2144 to apply from July 15 -Aug. 15. All regulations relating to season dates and weapon types apply, except that archers may hunt with archery equipment during the November firearm season. Centerfire weapons are prohibited.

I'm the kind of friend who will help you get rid of a body. But if you betray me, just remember...I know how to dispose of a body. Just sayin'.

Comment

FYI the Statewide Whitetail Buck tag cannot be used to apply for Gifford this year. Found that out the hard way. The NGPC let you use it to apply for Gifford last year, but that has changed.

Comment

statewide archery will work though right?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by elkstalkr View Post
                  FYI the Statewide Whitetail Buck tag cannot be used to apply for Gifford this year. Found that out the hard way. The NGPC let you use it to apply for Gifford last year, but that has changed.
                  What reason did they give for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                    What reason did they give for that?
                    Only that centerfire arms are prohibited and that tag is valid during the firearms season. I was like "well duh, I just can't hunt with a centerfire with that tag in Gifford" But that didn't make any difference to them.

Now that I think about it though Youth Tags are valid for that season and they too are good during the firearms season!!!! I believe I will call and argue that point with them tomorrow.

I think the rule to be really dumb, not much common sense put into it. IMO, so long as you have valid tag for archery or muzzleloader and you aren't in there hunting with a centerfire there should be no problems!!
                    Last edited by elkstalkr; 08-07-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Interesting i had no problem last year using my SWBO tag. I always wondered why they would not allow you to hunt with a muzzy during the Nov. season, its not a centerfire, and they do allow muzzys all Dec, why not 9 days in Nov?
                      Last edited by Lenny; 08-07-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                        Interesting i had no problem last year using my SWBO tag.
                        Same here, but when I went to apply this year they would not let me use it for my application.

Comment

I was told the drawing will be held aug. 22 ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok Thanks!

Comment

I got drawn!!! U can call G&P in Lincoln and ask or the letters were mailed today 8/20/2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X