Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening day and weekend! Who's going out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Opening day and weekend! Who's going out?

Just curious who all is planning on heading out today or this weekend for the archery opener?

Do you wait until after Oct 1st like some of my friends or do you go out opening weekend?

I may go just to sit and watch for a bit. I will take my bow in case a huge one comes along, but other than that just going to hang out in the tree!
    There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

Definately gettin' out this weekend! Wish I could today but classess are interfering with that.
    Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Im heading out this evening and tomorrow. Gunna try a couple sits on a certain buck while the beans are still green. I wont shoot any does until I can easily drive in.

May try a hunt Sunday also.
      "There's more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than there is hunting with the sureness of a gun" -Fred Bear

Comment

I am taking leave next week so that I'm only working my afternoon job at Cabela's. I plan on getting out to a couple spots as much as I can cause my time this season is gonna be limited at the most. Good luck to all those who make it out.

Comment

Today would have been a great day to be out, but I'm not taking a vacation day this early in the season.

Comment

Might make it out sat evening for a bit, otherwise it will have to wait till Oct.

Comment

Woohoo! First buck encounter at exactly 5:00pm tonight. Decent 4x4, main beams almost touching. He sat in range for almost 20 minutes. Took pictures with my phone, he was so close he would flintch when my camera went off. Everytime he looked at me I just closed my eyes and he calmed down. I forgot how much fun hunting on the ground really was. I think my new scent "killer" is working. Either that or his nose was broke.

Saw 4 other bucks in the distance. Nothing worth a spit.
              "There's more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than there is hunting with the sureness of a gun" -Fred Bear

Comment

Tempted to use my moderator power ring to shut this thread DOWN!

Just kiddin guys! Just envious cuz I won't get out until mid October. Keep the posts comin!
                "In the order of nature we cannot render benefits to those from whom we receive them, or only seldom. But the benefit we receive must be rendered again, line for line, deed for deed, cent for cent, to somebody." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by goose abuser View Post
                  Woohoo! First buck encounter at exactly 5:00pm tonight. Decent 4x4, main beams almost touching. He sat in range for almost 20 minutes. Took pictures with my phone, he was so close he would flintch when my camera went off. Everytime he looked at me I just closed my eyes and he calmed down. I forgot how much fun hunting on the ground really was. I think my new scent "killer" is working. Either that or his nose was broke.

Saw 4 other bucks in the distance. Nothing worth a spit.
                  Are you referring to the smoke scent? Let's see these pics!
                  There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

Comment

I am shocked that I have found a scrape and a rub in another location. I saw 4 smaller bucks in a Bachelor group 3 mature does and four fawns.

Looks like an early Rut this year...Has to be this weather.

Comment

I know last year it was still sweltering the first full month of the season. I'm hoping it is still nice and cool and a bit damp next week when I get out there. Makes for an easier quieter hunt if you ask me.

Comment

Gonna wait till October

Comment

Originally posted by Weekend Warrior View Post
                          Are you referring to the smoke scent? Let's see these pics!
                          No smoke, tried a new little trick. Heres one of the better pics of him at 10 yrds. Ive got a couple when hes right in infront of me, but cant see his rack.

Comment

Working...
                          X