X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review Platte River shooting range

Platte River State Park
    Very impressed with the facility.:eusa_clap:
    Inexpensive, Very Nice ranges. Nice and informative staff.
    Grandson had a Blast out there tonight. Great place for kids to get into all types of shooting.

:vsunny:
    Where's that Cave.............?

Fish don't care what name brand gear you have.....:lol:

"Grandma, I catch a mustache fish" :teethgrin:

Wildernesswomen @ Facebook.com

2014 Kayakapoolza II, III, IV, V Angler of the year

Does it have anything available for shooting large bore rifles like a 30x06?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barrywalker View Post
      Does it have anything available for shooting large bore rifles like a 30x06?

Thanks
      I did not inquire about larger rifles. At this time no outside firearms are allowed (except archery). Next spring they are suppose to allow them and the shotgun trap/range area will be complete. They have a Staff member sitting with every shooter, so I am not sure how they will work this when outside firearms are allowed.
      I think they are trying this out and public input would help.
      :vsunny:

Comment

Oh thanks for the info. I know I always struggle to find a good place to shoot my deer rifle before the season, so a place that offered that service would be quite popular. I have going out to Izaak Walton League which is nice when they open it up to non-members, but it would be nice to be able to go somewhere whenever your schedule allows.

Comment

IIRC the Platte River range is only 50 or 60yds, not what most deer hunters would be looking for to sight in their rifle.
          When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

I just called Platte River SP yesterday to get some basic info about the range rules, pricing, and hours of operation. I was told that you can bring your bow, but you have to shoot their arrows. This sounds strange to me, and IMO defeats the purpose. If you can't shoot what you'll be shooting in the field, isn't that somewhat counterproductive. Maybe this is more common at public ranges than I think. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Comment

[QUOTE=BigBo;398441]I just called Platte River SP yesterday to get some basic info about the range rules, pricing, and hours of operation. I was told that you can bring your bow, but you have to shoot their arrows. This sounds strange to me, and IMO defeats the purpose. If you can't shoot what you'll be shooting in the field, isn't that somewhat counterproductive. QUOTE]
              I agree :confused:

This range may be, quick cash Fun for the tourist. Good idea for a small park that needs a draw.
              It would be nice to see it pan out into more.
              It is a Great little range to introduce Kids to shooting.

Comment

Working...
              X