Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steveinsene
    replied
    Fantastic report and pics, always great to try something new and I'd suspect your already hooked on the ducks.

Leave a comment:

• TEAMCAJUN
    replied
    Nice job my dove spots around Lincoln have been terrible this year.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Nice pics!
    uglymike is right, it's a terrible addiction.

Leave a comment:

• uglymike
    replied
    Be careful, them ducks are addicting!

Leave a comment:

• Fishingnerd33
    replied
    Fixed them tonight for supper. Wrapped the teal & dove breasts in bacon and grilled just like you said and man was it tasty! Tasted very similar to steak, only more tender. Will be tinkering with different spices and such as I (hopefully) get more this year.

Leave a comment:

• Big Fat Trav
    replied
    Ducks, ducks, ducks . . . . . I love ducks.

Teal duck is a tasty, tasty meal. Wrap in bacon and grill them low and slow.

Strong work.

Leave a comment:

• BigBo
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. I like the pics too. The third from the bottom is really cool.

Leave a comment:

• Outdoor_Joe_26
    replied
    Nice job! :zclapping:

Leave a comment:

• Slimdog
    replied
    Very cool, Nerd. Congrats on your first duck!

Leave a comment:

• camps764
    replied
    That looks like an awesome weekend man! Congrats on the duck and all of the dove. Those water pictures look really cool as well.

Leave a comment:

• Fishingnerd33
    started a topic Weekend of Firsts

Weekend of Firsts

This weekend was a great one!

I had been out twice dove hunting and combine some less-than-stellar places I set up and even less-than-stellar shooting I had come up empty in dove hunting so far. Fortunately, I had a day off of class and work and called up a friend. He was kind enough to take me to a couple places he had been having success earlier in the week. The spots didn't disappoint...we ended up with 17 (12 of them his) between the two of us and he bagged 2 grouse.

Late that evening Tyler gave me a call about taking advantage of the early teal season. I jumped at the chance to go with him so we headed down to the Scottsbluff area Saturday morning for my first waterfowling adventure. We got set up and the madness began. Birds were flying all over the place, coming in to the decoys, and I was having a blast. With all the birds, it was hard to believe how few were teal. There were tons of big ducks, but we managed 5 winged rockets. Got my first duck in my life!

Sunday morning I got up early again, 3rd day in a row being up before 5am, so I was a little tired. Set up on my in-laws place and waited for the doves to start flying. There weren't a ton of doves, missed a few shots that I should have hit, but ended up with 6 doves. Winged one and it made it to the neighbors property and couldn't retrieve it, unfortunately.

All in all, I had a blast this weekend! Got to experience some new things in the hunting world, and had a great time with some good friends!
Working...
X