Hoppe's vs. Rem Oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoppe's vs. Rem Oil

Is there a significant difference in these products other than the price?
    Shush your mouths, you old poops.

What Hoppe's product are you referring to?
    That fish was on that fly, faster than Oprah on a sweet roll! Tim Hebbard
    I'm not part of a redneck agenda. Green Day

Comment

Hoppe's elite lubricant? yes, there's a big difference.

Comment

The only thing Rem Oil is good for is oiling the outside of a gun. I wouldn't use this on any interior or moving parts of my gun. I used to use this, and when it gets cold at all, that stuff gets really sticky and guns jam.

Comment

I use brake cleaner on all parts that get a carbon build up on my guns, then apply a light amount of rem oil to keep things from rusting. Brake cleaner is esentially the same thing as gun scrubber just alot cheaper. It dose an excelent job of cleaning carbon, and removing excess oil/grease. If you are cleaning copper fouling you will need a solvent to get rid of that.
          President Bowfishers of Nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by poutpro View Post
            The only thing Rem Oil is good for is oiling the outside of a gun. I wouldn't use this on any interior or moving parts of my gun. I used to use this, and when it gets cold at all, that stuff gets really sticky and guns jam.
            I second that.. Rem oil is IMO some of the worst stuff on the market. I use alot of brake free.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrazor View Post
              I second that.. Rem oil is IMO some of the worst stuff on the market. I use alot of brake free.
              I have had a gunsmith tell me not to use Hoppe's. He said to just use Rem Oil. This argument comes up all the time. I think if you take care of your stuff and clean it regularly you shouldn't have an issue as long as you use a product designed for guns.

Comment

I use Break Free Spray on the inside moving parts and Hoppes # 9 inside the barrel and use Silicone Mold Release Spray on the outside surfaces. I treat the outside of my gun at the beginning of each season and I have hunted in rain sleet and snow and so far I have kept my Blued guns from rusting including my smoke poles.

Comment

I also switched to Break Free after bad experiences with Rem Oil. I would recommend Break Free to anyone, especially those hunting in cold or freezing temps.

Comment

Rem oil has teflon in it and leaves a film on what u spray it on and in cold weather it makes that film almost sticky. I used to clean my gun top to bottom and use rem oil till i figured that out. Now im lucky if my gun gets cleaned twice a year and with break free it keeps everything good to go.

Comment

Remoil is the absolute best!

Comment

To each their own. I like rem-oil and have never had any issues with it, even in the cold. Remington's armorers swear by the stuff. (go figure they are Remington armorers!) My point is, depends on who you talk to. Try one and see what you think.

Comment

Working...
                        X