legal place to practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: legal place to practice

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to shoot a compound bow on my property in Lincoln city limits. I am aware of the free range but sometimes it would be nice to shoot at my target in the back yard. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Don't believe that it is.

Comment

In short..No you cannot shoot your bow within the city limits.
      When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

I can tell you from experience with a poice officer, it is not legal

Comment

Not legal inside the city limits.

http://lincoln.ne.gov/city/attorn/lmc/ti09/ch936.pdf

9.36.050 Discharge of Weapons and Other Instruments Unlawful.
          It shall be unlawful for any person, except as provided in this chapter, to fire or discharge, within the corporate limits, or on any property of the City of Lincoln outside of the corporate limits, any air rifle, toy pistol, toy gun, slingshot, or any other air, gas, or spring operated gun, weapon, apparatus, or instrument for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means
          whatsoever in such a manner as to endanger the safety of persons or property, whether the

9.36.080 Exemptions.
          Last edited by Shorty; 09-04-2011, 03:38 PM.
          Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the circus.....

Comment

Just don't do it in your front yard, people, Neighbors frown on that.:zBowHunting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lureslinger View Post
              I can tell you from experience with a poice officer, it is not legal
              What did they do. Did you get a ticket?

Comment

When i lived in lincoln i would put my target in the garage and stand out on the driveway and shoot. No one ever said a word, and the lady next door was a police dispatcher with a cop boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by popers-n-ropers View Post
                  When i lived in lincoln i would put my target in the garage and stand out on the driveway and shoot. No one ever said a word, and the lady next door was a police dispatcher with a cop boyfriend.
                  I do this to and I just found out 2 houses down lives a LPD officer, the rest of my neighbors could care less. I don't want to find out if he cares, so I have been shooting inside the garage with the door closed.

Comment

I used to do it all the time at my old house, I knew behind me and on both sides. I never had a problem, but you definitally could run into problems if you dont get along with your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On View Post
                      In short..No you cannot shoot your bow within the city limits.
                      In Lincoln NO in omaha YES. As long as your arrow or pellet/bb doesn't go onto adjoining property. (Omaha you can legally shoot a BB gun in your yard)

Lincoln is a very ANTIGUN/weapon city.

Comment

Originally posted by popers-n-ropers View Post
                        I do the same thing. The neighbors come over to watch sometimes. 20 yards at the back of the driveway. 30 yards from the other side of the street :ayes:
                        There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

Comment

The archery range on North 48th is a nice place to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CatDrifter402 View Post
                            What did they do. Did you get a ticket?
                            Yep they will, buddy of mine was teaching his kid to shoot a BB gun in his garage, the door was open, cop saw him. Gave him a ticket and they confiscated the offending weapon! Used in a crime, evidence. :eusa_think: Cost him 50 bucks and costs, and never did get the BB gun back. So maybes ya might wanna think on that one, I know some bows get pretty pricey.

Swifty

Comment

Working...
                            X