No announcement yet.

Dove Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out this evening, man was it hot and muggy! Shot at 5 birds, killed 4 but lost two in the 6' tall marijuana. Looked for 10 minutes but the clouds of pollen from the plants made my allergies kick in big time. They weren't moving much before sundown, too hot!

Comment

Holy crap was it HOT yesterday afternoon!!! I mean miserable with no wind. Got out there about 5, birds were flying until about 6:30-7 and then they just stopped! usually that last hour is the best, but I think it was so hot they went to water early. I dunno where else they would have gone to.

Comment

Originally posted by elkstalkr View Post
        Holy crap was it HOT yesterday afternoon!!! I mean miserable with no wind. Got out there about 5, birds were flying until about 6:30-7 and then they just stopped! usually that last hour is the best, but I think it was so hot they went to water early. I dunno where else they would have gone to.
        I had the same problem. Coooler weather might be the ticket this weekend, we shall see.

Comment

I was shooting my bow in my yard south of eagle tonight with 80 acres of wheat stubble behind the house. Never seen a dove fly by and dident hear a single shot anywhere??? Heard maybe a dozen shots thursday night. I want to go but im not seeing enough doves to get me out there.

Comment

Had my best opener ever last night. Doves were everywhere, and because it was hot a little water puddle did the trick. Hope they hang on for a couple more weeks...

Comment

Scratched out a 2 man this morning but it was kinda slow at the end. Had to hang out a bit to get the last bird. Shot more pigeons than doves.
              "There's more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than there is hunting with the sureness of a gun" -Fred Bear

Comment

A few short of a 2 man tonight. Just dad and I.

A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child fish.....

Comment

Well what started out as a camping trip in the Nebraska National Forest turned into a dove hunt when I stumbled upon a weed patch where plenty of birds were feeding. Wife and I got 25, should have had our limit, but we both were shooting miserable. Girls and dogs had fun though, so great time overall.

Comment

Got a limit today as well as a PB shot percentage... 25 shells 15 birds. Got the last bird with my last shell.

Lots of birds in Central NE, I actually think the cooler temps the past couple days moved more of them in....
                    A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child fish.....

Comment

didn't see a single one this morning from 8-10 south of lincoln, but when I got home I had 4 staring at me in my yard :zbangingHead:
                      "I'd bang my head into the wall, but your horde is in the way"

Comment

Originally posted by tuckerhusker View Post
                        didn't see a single one this morning from 8-10 south of lincoln, but when I got home I had 4 staring at me in my yard :zbangingHead:
                        Sorry, but that's funny.

Comment

We hunted near Seward and Valpraiso in the evening and saw a combined 8 doves that were remotely in range managed to get 3 and others didn't even have a shot in 3 hours.

Not sure what the deal is but this is strange I believe I have had better success in late October.

Can help but wonder if that Deer that ate that bird in the video is the reason there are so few Doves this year. Did all deer switch to a Migratory bird diet?

Comment

Went out Monday and only saw a couple here and there in the south east.

Prior to season starting we were up north of Lincoln and they were all over the place.

Kind of wish we had that truck setup from the season finally of "Top Shot".:vWicked:
                            He's so slick that he can steal the shortnin' right out of the biscuit.

Comment

I went out by myself tonight and shot seven. The good flight was at 5 pm and then they where gone by 630. I was spending most of this time looking for the ones I hit. Many shell cassings sitting around, not alot of doves. I blew feathers off 5 or 6 more but they just kept flying. I couldn't believe that I found every bird that i downed, I even followed blood and feathers through a weeded up tire rut to find the bird running got em all though. I was gonna retire my lab this year but shes coming along for one of her last hunts next time.
                              "If your having fishing problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one." jay-z

Comment

Are many people seeing Eurasian doves around? I bagged one last week and have seen only 1-2 others in the field. I've seen quite a few in town though.

Comment

Working...
                                X