No announcement yet.

More lions in Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was once skeptical about loins in the city also. Then they shot one in a tree at 114th and Dodge.
    "I can't wait to hunt with you dad" -- My seven year old son, John

Comment

Lunch break...on Omaha.com. Two women just spotted one south of Ft. Calhoun. Sounds like a reliable sighting. By the description it is about as far north on "72nd" street as you can get heading out of Omaha. I know the landowner there and land manager...

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011082...-lion-sighting

Maybe its the same one or good chance its a seperate animal...neat country up there. Lots of landowners in the area have said in the past 5 years they have seen lions but no one believes them.
      Last edited by Laramie; 08-29-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Wonder if they will get some people on standby with tranqs or if they will just load the guns to kill this one. I say just let them be. This is enough sightings, both confirmed and not that people should realize they are here and just adjust their lives to the fact. Hopefully this/these cats don't have to die for people's peace of mind.

Comment

Read the article, two women driving in seperate vehicles. Yeah the one gal was so shocked she smeared her eye-liner all over when she saw it and the other one looked up from texting just in time to catch a glimpse!!

Comment

Hopefully this/these cats don't have to die for people's peace of mind
            If found,they will be killed. Not sure how people in other states can live with mountain lions/bears in their areas but we can not(been proven by the ones shot/killed already). Not showing any threat to humans when killed doesn't matter. Personally, I'd rather see all the sex offenders,molesters,murderers,etc. shot and killed and take my chances with mountain lions.

Alex
            They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
              If found,they will be killed. Not sure how people in other states can live with mountain lions/bears in their areas but we can not(been proven by the ones shot/killed already). Not showing any threat to humans when killed doesn't matter. Personally, I'd rather see all the sex offenders,molesters,murderers,etc. shot and killed and take my chances with mountain lions.

Alex
              Agreed. Maybe just tie them all out in fields to feed the Mtn lions to keep them out of the suburban areas. Add in politicians while you are at it.

Comment

Atleast this thread is in the right forum. Any other state it would be in the everything else forum. I have seen the tracks in Seward county a couple times. They are here deal with it.

Comment

Personally, I'd rather see all the sex offenders,molesters,murderers,etc. shot and killed and take my chances with mountain lions.

Alex[/QUOTE]
                  The bleeding heart Liberal prosecutors, judges, James Martin Davis, ACLU and Ernie would never stand for that even if it is the best option!!

Loinomaha NE 68154

Comment

Is game and parks 'Live Google Earth' a myth? That would validate these sightings. They are here, no magic mountain lion gate to herd them away. Hate seeing them put down.

Comment

seen and had plenty of them in my area and where i deer hunt, my grandpa saw one deer hunting about 100 yds away one morning, had his crosshairs on it but didnt shoot for fear of getting a fine by NEGP and short after that a deer was found dead in a creek 1/4 mile away with huge claw marks all the way down its back and its neck had a mountain lions teeth imprints with blood all over, not a bobcat attack either, claw marks WAy too big, and about a month after that, we were setting up my deer blind by a cow trail and there was mountain lion tracks in the mud all the way down the trail, tracks were bigger than my fists, got pictures on my uncles phone, not sure if he still has them, also had them in the Wayne,NE area, ive seen 2 or 3 within 2 miles of my g-parents house and one was living in my buddies grandpas old barn a mile away, tracks all over, definate mountain lion and that i know of there was at least 5 people that have seen it in that area, and one about 2 miles from my house last fall, my dads friends were deer hunting and saw one running through their field so they ran to their trucks and chased it down but didnt kill it, and the last and most recent one i think was about 2 or 3 weeks ago 2 1/2 miles from my house, and less than 2 miles from Winside, NE and it was a smaller one but i popped over a hill on my 3 wheeler and it was on one edge of the rod and ran across, i was about ten feet away from hitting it, i slammed on the brakes and it ran into the corn, my heart was pounding so hard i thought it was gonna beat out of my chest, i love mountain lions but they scare the $*!% out of me sometimes, theres definately a lot around but really nothing we can do about it

Comment

No way! Anyone from around the Wayne area knows there is no wildlife there. Feeder cattle, corn and soybeans. Those cattle feeders aren't going to like hearing this news. Maybe that's why there are so many cougars there, they are living off cattle. I appreciate your dads' deer hunting friends "chasing down" a cougar but not shooting it, too. After all, there is no open season on them. I'll have to check NGPC's cougar web page again. I wasn't aware of all these sightings up there. I don't recall seeing any photos, either.

Comment

Working...
                        X