Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More lions in Omaha

Omahan reports mountain lion.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

There was another possible sighting in Kearney too.

Possible Mountain lion in southeast Kearney

They're coming for us, I tell ya....

Comment

Ok so I just saw this story when Rambleridge sent a note out on facebook. The people who reported the sighting live across the street and 4 houses down from me. Their back yard faces the MUD property off of 120th and Fort. We usually se a ton of deer in there when we take our evening bike rides with the kids. Never seen a lion but you better believe that I'm going to keep my eyes open now!!

Comment

Interesting read. Articles like this tend to surface every year. The sighting on 120th Fort is interesting... would be neat if there was some sort of picture.
        " Looking for the one that got away!"

Comment

would be neat if there was some sort of picture.
          I'll get one tomorrow morning as it stalks morning walkers. I know there are a few cougars in the area. :eusa_shifty:

Alex
          Last edited by Alex T.; 08-24-2011, 08:54 PM.
          They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
            I'll get one tomorrow morning as it stalks morning walkers. I know there are a few cougars in the area. :eusa_shifty:

Alex
            Alex if you need any back up I can help!!:aawhistling:
            "I'm a man I can change if I have to I guess" Red Green

Comment

We've had foxes but no lions....4 houses away from you would be just down the street from us. There's crazy all over. haha
              "Releasing a big fish always puts a smile on my face" Jim Buckley
              The greatest catch of my life, June 1, 2013

Comment

If everyone searched the exact location where this lion was "spotted" wouldn't evidence pop up, especially tracks? A mountain lions paws have to be pretty unique compared to anything else we have around here. Consider me very skeptical.
                NEFGA is endorsed by Pond Boss

Get all your pond questions answered by the experts at Pond Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post

Alex
                  Alex the only Cougars in that area are the ones looking to steal a few husbands!!!

Comment

Unless it had rained and the ground was soft you wouldnt see any prints, especially if it was in the back yard that is i assume grass. NOt skeptical here when was was on the interstate and they shot one in town a few years back. Wilderness park here in Lincoln would be a good spot for onedeep ravines, deer and turkey everywhere along with joggers - a cougar buffet! Several have been spot in Gage and Saline down here but have not been confirmed or denied.
                    "Beer does not make you fat, it makes you lean - against poles, bars, tables and stools!

Comment

Mountain lions a nebraska game and parks commission stocking success story:stir_pot:

Comment

Mountain lions a nebraska game and parks commission stocking success story:stir_pot:
                        At least they got 1 thing right. :eusa_whistle:

Alex
                        They have cometh

Comment

He was so caught up watchin' a lady and her dog he never saw me. I'm sure the dog was faster than the lady.....

Alex

Anyway we could get this added to the smilie list for future sightings??
                          Last edited by Alex T.; 08-25-2011, 01:51 PM.
                          They have cometh

Comment

They are a beautiful animal that is for sure.
                            "I'm a man I can change if I have to I guess" Red Green

Comment

Last edited by Done; 08-26-2011, 02:01 PM.
                              "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

Working...
                              X