Fall Turkeys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Turkeys

Anybody doing any fall turkeys this year? And does anybody know of any public land tht would be worthwhile for a couple of “turkey newbies” to get a couple of birds this year?

JLK
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Head to Niobrara. I dont hunt turkeys though. I shoot them. Fall turkeys are kinda dumb. Where I hunt deer I can just walk up to the flock and pick one out.

MMMMM tasty though

Comment

Head to Niobrara. I dont hunt turkeys though. I shoot them. Fall turkeys are kinda dumb. Where I hunt deer I can just walk up to the flock and pick one out.

MMMMM tasty though

Comment

James,

Thank you...It's about time you've gotten on this issue. You were supposed to find us some land about two years ago for this purpose :lol: . I suppose better late than never.

Deas

Comment

James,

Thank you...It's about time you've gotten on this issue. You were supposed to find us some land about two years ago for this purpose :lol: . I suppose better late than never.

Deas

Comment

Nice try Ethan,

We only started talking about turkeys last spring, and I did find a place... I just never got ahold of the guy to get permission to hunt it...
            "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Nice try Ethan,

We only started talking about turkeys last spring, and I did find a place... I just never got ahold of the guy to get permission to hunt it...

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Try the ditch at about 60th and Mckinley any evening! :o

Rakes Creek near Murray has birds, but the place gets pounded too. But I've had birds walk up to me in the fall when I've been hunting squirrels so close I could almost touch them on a couple occassions.
                Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Try the ditch at about 60th and Mckinley any evening! :o

Rakes Creek near Murray has birds, but the place gets pounded too. But I've had birds walk up to me in the fall when I've been hunting squirrels so close I could almost touch them on a couple occassions.

Comment

Have you seen a lot a fall Turkey Hunters out there, Steve?

Deas

Comment

Have you seen a lot a fall Turkey Hunters out there, Steve?

Deas

Comment

About 2 weeks ago I was out at Forrest Lawn Cem. I my wife anI saw about twenty turkey among the graves sites.
                        Been there Done that

Comment

Deas,

At times at Rakes Creek I've had bunches of turkeys nearby. Last fall I had a bunch on top of me while hunting squirrels in the fall and then after Jan 1 I flushed a bunch out of there hunting deer. There is always turkeys on the private ground nearby as well, but good luck getting any permission on that. Rakes Creek gets so pounded anymore by hunters, I've kinda written it off except for maybe the occassional rabbit hunt.

Comment

Gotcha...with that much pressure, It's a little too dangerous for me when it comes to Turkey hunting.

Thanks for the info, Steve.

Deas

Comment

You might be able to pull it off during the week, Ethan. But on weekends the hordes are out. I plan to go down and hunt some squirrels/rabbits soon. :zidunno:

Comment

Working...
                              X