State officials outline cougar rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I first read this headline I was thinking something completely different....:lol:

A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child fish.....

Originally posted by fishman34 View Post
    when I first read this headline I was thinking something completely different....:lol:

Rule #1.... Never tell your buddies.:eusa_silenced:
    Rule #2.... 12 drink minimum requirement.:Beer:
    Rule #3.... Leave 1/2 hour before sunrise.M_S_puke:

Comment

Anyone who kills a cougar for any reason is required to report it to the commission and surrender the carcass.
      Why? Why not let the person that shot it a chance to mount it?

Comment

Originally posted by BoB_25 View Post
        Why? Why not let the person that shot it a chance to mount it?
        that would encourage the hunting of cougars, and that's illegal!
        President Bowfishers of Nebraska

Comment

LINCOLN - The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is reminding residents of the state's mountain lion policy following an increase in the number of cougar sightings in western Nebraska.

Commission Director Rex Amack says that while cougars are protected, those that pose a threat to people or livestock should be killed.

The agency says a mountain lion may be destroyed by a landowner if it attacks or attempts to attack livestock, or by a person who is attacked or threatened by a cougar. Anyone who kills a cougar for any reason is required to report it to the commission and surrender the carcass.

If a landowner believes a cougar has killed or injured livestock, the scene should be left undisturbed and the agency contacted immediately.
          Last edited by DiggerDog; 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM.
          "When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I hear that the other kind of cougars hunt and stalk young prey to.:lol:

Comment

Working...
            X