Dedicated Quail Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed Dedicated Quail Gun?

I'm looking at semi autos for a new small gauge quail gun. I will be hunting it for a few weeks each winter in NM & AZ, but also plan to do some dove hunting with it. Since I started looking, a Franchi AL 48 has caught my eye. Was wondering if anyone has used them? More specifically the 28 gauge model? The one at Scheels is $850 and fits me well. I believe that they use the Mobil-Choke system as well, which is handy because I have some leftovers from a Beretta 28 gauge that I traded.
    That fish was on that fly, faster than Oprah on a sweet roll! Tim Hebbard
    I'm not part of a redneck agenda. Green Day

I had a 20 franchi fit like a glove but it had lots of cycle problems so i sold it.

Might of been me not getting it tight to my shoulder. Love my 20 montro now.
    Just cuz you've got a brush dont make you a painter

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT SINCE April 6th 2008

Comment

Not sure I would be getting a 28g especially if you plan to use it for dove hunting.. Shells might get a big pricey! If your into the WOW factor go with 28g, me I enjoy having the option to buy shells at wallyworld if needed.

I don't recall the exact gun I saw at sheels but it had the carbon fiber rib barrell and was very lightweight I think it was the benneli..

New! Benelli Ultra Light 20 gauge 24" Shotgun : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Comment

Working...
      X