First Bow Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bow Hunt

Went out opening day, first time every bow hunting. Got all my things ready sat there for about 3 hours. Had to leave early without seeing anything. I couldnt stand the mosquitos. Me and my step dad went out and bought some mosquito nets and are ready to go again but unfortuantly I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and probably cant go back out till next week.

Get ready for the addiction!

For the skeeters go pick up one of those Thermacell thingys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist View Post
      Get ready for the addiction!

For the skeeters go pick up one of those Thermacell thingys.

x2. Those things work great.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction we call bowhunting!
        Is it duck season yet?

"Look, a pair of singles!"

Comment

Thermacells are good but I like bugsuits better. No cartridges to replace on those and if its hot you can put them on over shorts and a t-shirt and your good to go!

Comment

Thermocells x3

Comment

Just out of curiosty, why do you guys prefer thermacells over bugsuits?

Comment

i like ground blinds with the screens kept closed

Comment

I have never hunted this time of the year, i had no clue how bad the bugs were going to be, i did try to look for a thermacell but i couldnt find any in fremont. Hopefully the mosquito nets will work for now.

Comment

walmart has them and probably Nebraska Sports.

Bugsuits are ok but why wear a suit when you can just turn on a thermacell and forget about it.

Comment

O really, i didnt see any at walmart, didnt check nebraska sports though, might have to go and check that out, but i got a dry socket in my teeth so im going to be out for some of this week 2.

Comment

They are onsale in the Bass Pro ad ending on the 27th. don't know if that helps. We don't even sit around the campfire with out one of them going anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Stromquist View Post
                          walmart has them and probably Nebraska Sports.

Bugsuits are ok but why wear a suit when you can just turn on a thermacell and forget about it.
                          Why use a thermacell when all you have to do is put a bug suite on. I already heve enough junk to carry around with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbosan View Post
                            Why use a thermacell when all you have to do is put a bug suite on. I already heve enough junk to carry around with me.
                            this thread has me interested in these bug suits, anyone have any recommendations on what to get and were?

Comment

Walmart has em for 50 bucks, Bass Pro has for around that as well and so does Cabelas. They come in leafy camo so they actually serve two purposes they keep bugs off of you and they provide excellent camo. No canisters to replace and they last for years. If you like spending your money on things like thermacells go ahead and give em a try you might like em better. Another advantage they have is that they are cool, as I said earlier put it on over shorts and a t-shirt and your ready to go.:zBugs:

Comment

Working...
                              X